Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The instrument cluster (electronic part) in my 2012 Abarth only works correctly maybe 25% of the time. Most days the language of choice looks like Klingon. We also own a 2012 500 Sport Prima - no problems with its display. Is this a widespread problem? Have less than 30,000 miles on the Abarth.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Klingnon? :unsure: My '18 switched to Italian... not even a choice on the menu options. Switch to a different language, then back to English. Later, mine switched to EU units, which I switched back.

7500 miles so far.

·
Registered
12,713 Posts
There have been issues on the early 500’s. With Faulty instrument clusters. Lot of owners that has faulty instrument clusters. We’re replaced, while their vehicle were under warranty.,

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There have been issues on the early 500’s. With Faulty instrument clusters. Lot of owners that has faulty instrument clusters. We’re replaced, while their vehicle were under warranty.,
Mine didnt start acting up till after the warranty expired

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm happy to say I haven't had any issues with my 500, but I've had cluster problems in another vehicle. What a nightmare!

I guess if you're lucky enough to be under warranty the dealer should be a good choice, but in my case the dealer was going to change me more than that car was worth at the time and none of the local independent shops seem to be equipped to work on clusters. I was feeling like I'd found the one problem that just couldn't be fixed, but the rest of the car was totally fine!

In the long run I found this shop that specializes in instrument clusters specifically, they definitely knew more that my local dealer and they charged me way less. I would definitely recommend reaching out to them: Fiat Instrument Clusters - Replacement Cluster Panels, Dash Panels, Gauge Clusters, Speedometers for Fiat

1 - 5 of 5 Posts