Hamilton, Ontario

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
19 Posts
We have 4 people with 4 cars in the house and the Fiat is the most expensive one. Don't remember the exact number, but somewhere around $1800

·
Registered
289 Posts
I'll start
$1550 annually
2 million liability
$1000 deductible
Age 40
Hamilton, Ontario
Ouch. I pay around 1000yr 500dedc 1000000liab age 35. I know I live in a less expensive region for insurance but 1550 seems like a lot depending on your record. I just switched to Belair. Saved 900yr between 2 cars and house and most of that was the cars. Give 'em a call.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
$2200 a year, but I'm under 25.
Could be better, could be worse.

·
Registered
147 Posts
OK I thought I was getting reamed with my $1100/yr. Maybe not!

BTW our other cars are a 2008 BMW 328i and a 2004 Mazda RX-8 and the 500 is the most expensive of the three. :confused: I almost shouted at the broker lady: "but this car develops only 100 hp!!!" I think our rates will go down in short order as they gather more data on the car.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Maybe because I have a Cabrio. Those are usually a bit more.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm paying $660/yr through Nationwide for my Fiat. I'm 34 and live in upstate NY. Not sure if it's applicable everywhere, but in NY you can take a defensive driving course once every three years and it gets you a fairly significant discount, certainly more than the cost of the course. We also have a multi-car discount, and I think they give us a discount for the alarm on the Fiat. We just switched from GEICO, where we had the same coverage, discounts, and deductibles, but GEICO was more like $900/yr.

Sounds like insurance runs quite a bit more in Canada!

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
I take that means mucho dinero?
Yes, but I have no problem with details:

State Farm
$520.25 per six months full coverage + $6.76 Florida Hurricane Catastrophe Fund (A RIPOFF by the state of Florida)
Liability: Bodily Injury $100,000/$300,000: Property Damage $50,000
No Fault
Comprehensive (NO deductible)
Collision $250 deductible
Uninsured Motor Vehicle: Bodily Injury $100,000/$300,000

Premium Reductions = OVER $150.00

Single, 65 Years of Age

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yes, we get raped on everything here. People think we get free healthcare and guess who is one of the highest taxed countries? Cell phone plans, the worst in the world.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Travelers Insurance - I'm 30...

• My old '06 Ford Focus ZX3 SES was $836 a year for full coverage. :mad:
  • My new 2012 Fiat 500 Sport is $710 a year! :D

My Fiat is apparently a safer car because my premium is cheaper with this car. I thought it would have gone up because this car costs more and is worth more than my Focus ever was.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Hi

I have State Farm and I know that I probably pay too much because I have a fairly low deductible, but since I also have my home insurance with them, and a safe driver discount, plus a discount for a safe vehicle, overall I pay about $409 every six months, living in the DC suburbs of Northern VA. Also, I am a single 48 year old male.

Pat

·
Registered
582 Posts
I pay about $2500 a year for my wife and I for two Lounges with RBC Insurance. They gave me a better price than State Farm whom I was with since I was 18, I'm 44 now.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I'm 55,male in BC Canada.After full discount ...just under $900

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.