Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for an intake. It MUST be designed and manufactured in Italy.

Any out there?

·
Registered
393 Posts
Not a fan of American cold air intake brands?

Any reason for specifically wanting something made in Japan, rather than America or anywhere else?

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Not a fan of American cold air intake brands?

Any reason for specifically wanting something made in Japan, rather than America or anywhere else?
Don't even bother opening up this can of worms. Everyone has their preference and some are more vocal about it.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I own the Fiat because it's Italian, and I have family that work in Torin for Fiat. So everything put on the car will be Italian.

Exhaust is ordered coming straight from Italy. Brakes, as soon as they're ready. Wheels Italian will be ordered next month. Even the tires will be coming from Italy.

Which is why it is important I get an Italian intake

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Might be interesting to see your Italian inspired, USA designed/built, Mexico assembled Italian modded 500. Post pics of parts and your impression of them, might be nicer than the US based offerings we currently have.

I truly think the assembly instructions are in Italian for the Mexican worker too. Italian design, American Engine, built in Mexico

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Even the European spec 500 are not manufactured in Italy. It is impossible to be a purest under these circumstances.
And with that comment, I must insert this. Twój włoski samochód wyprodukowany jest w Polska.

Reactions: Triumph

·
Registered
13,466 Posts
I own the Fiat because it's Italian, and I have family that work in Torin for Fiat. So everything put on the car will be Italian.

Exhaust is ordered coming straight from Italy. Brakes, as soon as they're ready. Wheels Italian will be ordered next month. Even the tires will be coming from Italy.

Which is why it is important I get an Italian intake
Give 500 Madness a ring. They might have a Italian intake.

You know your car was made in Mexico, engine from Detroit. Japanese Transmission. :)

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
I truly think the assembly instructions are in Italian for the Mexican worker too. Italian design, American Engine, built in Mexico

Just having a bit of fun with you, it'll be interesting how it all turns out and it's cool you are trying to go with as much Italian products as possible, good luck.:cool:

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I did it! I found an Italian company that wants to develop a carbon fiber intake for the US version of the 500.

Stay tuned for updates

·
Registered
453 Posts
Can you make it like the Corsa? I hate the ones that hang down in front of the wheels. I like it up top where I can show it off. :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.