Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2017 Abarth with 2500 miles.

What intake are you guys running?

I seen the one from madness and wow it looks nice. Pricey, but very nice with that scorpion cover over the engine.

If anyone is using this can you comment on it?

Also will an intake void the warranty?

Attachments

·
Registered
435 Posts
IMO intakes look good and provide better engine sound. Not sure if they are worth the investment if you are seeking to gain HP. HP gains will be minimal at best and you probably will not be able to tell the difference from a power perspective. However, if I had to buy one, I would go with the Madness intake you show above. I believe it has a better filtration system compared to most and looks great.....

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Best bet is just to read up on the 1000s of posts people have already done on intakes (Eurocompulsion, RRM, Madness, etc.) to see which one you think is best. Everyone has opinions so reading all of them might help. When I had my Abarth I loved my Eurocompulsion v2.1 and then there were days I thought it was too loud so I went with the v3. Was never a fan of the v4 (which looks like Madness' you posted) because you had to remove the stock engine cover.

·
Vendor
624 Posts
2017 Abarth with 2500 miles.

What intake are you guys running?

I seen the one from madness and wow it looks nice. Pricey, but very nice with that scorpion cover over the engine.

If anyone is using this can you comment on it?

Also will an intake void the warranty?

If you have any questions on the MAXFlow Intake, please don't hesitate in reaching out and we will be more than happy to assist. :)

Here are a couple reviews from our customers:

What a fantastic video for installing the maxflow intake system. I am sold! Your detailed instructions and extra info sure made me confident in doing this myself. Your screen star was clear, enunciated words perfectly and made the video easy to watch; he certainly has a good presence in front of the camera. Thanks for taking the time in producing the video, I know we customers certainly appreciate it. One thing though, you all never spoke of color options on the tubing or powder coating. Are there any? Red tubing is nice, but white would be better :) Thanks you all, Rock On!

Just upgraded from the Sila intake to the Maxflow and what a difference. My OBD monitor used to show the intake temp between 170-190 with the Sila and is now between 110-130 (in the Texas heat!). Highly recommend this intake over all the others. The sound is no where near the level of the sila, but knowing this difference in temperature makes all the difference to me.

This was the first performance piece I added to my Abarth and WOW! I noticed a substantial gain all across the RPM range. I alter added the Go Pedal and Madness ECU and my car went from snappy to nasty. This air intake produces a mild amount of turbo chatter and whoosh, but is pretty subtle. If you want more of that, go with an open intake or short RAM, this one is a little louder than stock, but not over the top. It produces plenty of results in performance....where it matters.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies.

Madness - Jason I have some questions.

2017 abarth.

I removed my factory air box to find a couple of quick disconnect hoses in the back.

I also found a sensor back there I did not expect to see. I have watched your installation video and did not see this sensor. Is this an air temp sensor perhaps? How do you guys get around this?

I want to remove the stock air box and engine cover completely.

Thanks

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
97 Posts
Just thought I would chime in here. My Abarth came to me with the Ngen intake. On most cars, intakes are mostly a waste of time (at least from a performance perspective). Its almost a marketing thing. You have someone who wants to mod their car, and an intake gives them a different sound and modified looking engine bay without a lot of time, money or skill. However the performance gains range from minimal to negative. On our cars, it looks like there actually is some potential for an intake to provide actual performance benefits. But one thing confuses me. 90% of the intakes I see draw air right over the screaming hot exhaust manifold and engine. My NGEN does. I track my IAT's during racing, and they are very hot (although apparently cooler than stock)

(scorching hot day after lots of runs with significant time spent at redline)

Once you go to a FMIC, the option to draw air from the current inter cooler location opens up. I've only seen a few intakes that do this, compared to the vast majority that draw air over all the hot parts. It seems to me the performance benefit of perhaps 80-100 degree cooler air drawn from near the fog lamps would be very significant. However, I'm not seeing anyone really talking this point up, or showing data to support this claim. So for anyone who knows, is my theory wrong? Are the intercooler relocation intakes just much less common because less people are going to spend $1000 or so doing a FMIC, or is it really not that much of a difference

1 - 9 of 9 Posts