1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Been posted twice already

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
I wasn't willing to be the guinea pig on this one, plus no sat radio. Someone did a different one just last week and it looks good.

·
Registered
312 Posts
More Pictures !!!!

The mock-up or initial pictures of the unit look decent, however I found some pictures of one installed presumably from the manufacturers website and it looks very cheap, and the fitment sucks,

I really dont like how the vents blow onto the screen, overall design seemed like a better idea on paper...

The site will not let me copy/link the pictures and I dont feel like taking screen shots,

So heres the link - Complete with installation pictures, and with the screen up and down.

http://wideroad.en.hisupplier.com/a...dvd-navigation-system-installation-guide.html

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
The mock-up or initial pictures of the unit look decent, however I found some pictures of one installed presumably from the manufacturers website and it looks very cheap, and the fitment sucks,

I really dont like how the vents blow onto the screen, overall design seemed like a better idea on paper...

The site will not let me copy/link the pictures and I dont feel like taking screen shots,

So heres the link - Complete with installation pictures, and with the screen up and down.

http://wideroad.en.hisupplier.com/a...dvd-navigation-system-installation-guide.html
Very flimsy

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

The one in my link seems slightly different, the vents are at least trimmed out around the screen. I'd rather go with that Euro kit and a relatively inexpensive unit than one of these.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Very flimsy
Yep, looks very flimsy and crappy

The one in my link seems slightly different, the vents are at least trimmed out around the screen. I'd rather go with that Euro kit and a relatively inexpensive unit than one of these.
They actually use the same picture you posted to advertise their unit as well heres the sales link...

http://wideroad.en.hisupplier.com/product-996041-fiat500-car-dvd-player-gps-bt-dvb-t-usb-sd-slot-radio-tv-aux-ipod-Am-Fm.html

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I saw this installed on an Abarth in person at a dealership.
It looked great. Very stock looking and it comes in ivory too.
The screen looks great. And it worked great.

I remember at the time, I thought it was a factory option. Since other cars commonly have displays, felt wrong once I found out our Fiat doesn't have that option. The cheesy CD player out in the open is an eyesore I'd rather not have.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I saw this installed on an Abarth in person at a dealership.
It looked great. Very stock looking and it comes in ivory too.
The screen looks great. And it worked great.

I remember at the time, I thought it was a factory option. Since other cars commonly have displays, felt wrong once I found out our Fiat doesn't have that option. The cheesy CD player out in the open is an eyesore I'd rather not have.
I have heard that the steering wheel controls dont work after this is installed.. Did you hear anything about that? If it actually works, I would be interested in this for the future..

Maybe Fiat when they do the 500 redesign in the next for 2015, it will def have the u connect system.. Hopefully they can make that work in our current cars as a mopar accessory

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I have heard that the steering wheel controls dont work after this is installed.. Did you hear anything about that? If it actually works, I would be interested in this for the future..

Maybe Fiat when they do the 500 redesign in the next for 2015, it will def have the u connect system.. Hopefully they can make that work in our current cars as a mopar accessory
At the time I was really new to the Fiats. I was completely unaware of the steering controls. So I didn't think to ask. I was told I could still use the USB port. Which has been the best thing to come to car audio, for me, the last few years.

·
Registered
28 Posts
You're right the steel wheels don't work and the the controls in the back of it the wiring does not have a set up the same way they say it does

1 - 19 of 19 Posts