Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

How are you cleaning the interior of your 500? The textured plastic on the dash really holds the dust. Are you all just vacuuming it or are you using anything to actually clean/brighten/preserve it?

For those with fabric seats -- have you put on any Scotchguard?

Also, along the door pockets, I'm getting scuff marks in the plastic from dragging my big feet out of the car. Besides being more careful, anything you can recommend to clean/remove those?

Thanks,

Ryan

PS - I've managed to wash it every week since I've had it (that would be three weeks). This is only the second car I've done that with. The first one made it about a year before I quit. We'll see how long this one lasts.

·
Registered
81 Posts
word of advice, do not use armor all products on your interior, they look good when applied but it will eat away at the dashboard and other areas of the car with similar material!

I use everything from meguiars

·
Registered
99 Posts
For the door scuffs I put a piece of clear vinyl material there. The material is the same used to make clear bras for the outside of the car and you can buy it by the square foot. I forgot where I got mine.

I just cut out a piece that is going to cover the area and put it on the door pocket on both driver and passenger sides. This works well with any car BTW. It ends up costing a buck or so and is easy enough to clean up and or change often. My last Toyota came with this in place which is where I got the idea.

·
Registered
26 Posts
For the door scuffs I put a piece of clear vinyl material there. The material is the same used to make clear bras for the outside of the car and you can buy it by the square foot. I forgot where I got mine.

I just cut out a piece that is going to cover the area and put it on the door pocket on both driver and passenger sides. This works well with any car BTW. It ends up costing a buck or so and is easy enough to clean up and or change often. My last Toyota came with this in place which is where I got the idea.
Picture of the FIAT or Toyota with that ?

·
Banned
285 Posts
I would stay away from treating the cloth interior with anything, especially ScotchGuard. That stuff is toxic - you don't want your skin soaking that sh!t up.

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
Damp micro cloth on the dash board. You don't need any chemicals.

Fiat uses really cheap hard plastic in the little 500. Just be really careful to not to hit your feet on the door panels. Sharp finger nails can do damage too. Need to take the wife to the vet, to have her nails trimmed.:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts