Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed the driver door has a scratch on the grey/gray plastic interior trim. The cause? My wife said as she reached for her belt, she rubbed her flat, no stone sticking out, ring on the door. Wtf? Too delicate and it bugs the crap out of me. I just want to replace the whole panel,lol.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The whole interior scratches too easily, mine had a couple scratches on the shiny steering wheel logo before I even bought it, as well as a couple on the doors within the first couple weeks of owning it. Waiting to see some on the painted dash at some point.

·
Registered
160 Posts
my BMW was the same way. Finger nails gouged the interior.
Yeah, mine's pretty scratched up where my foot keeps that giant door from closing back on me (MINI had much better stops in the hinge mechanism I must say). That hard plastic does scratch white easily.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Same here. I used Griot's Garage interior cleaner (which is awesome) and that seems to diminish the scratches greatly.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was always paranoid about my wife scuffing the bottom with her heels, never did I think a ring would cause that. I used Meguiars Quick Mist and Wipe Interior Detailer and it cleaned most of it, but it's clearly paint that's missing. I'm going to plastic wrap the whole interior just like Italians do with their furniture.

·
Registered
13,511 Posts
Before our dealer recieved any their cars. There was a manufacture's car on their lot. The door panel were in terrible shape, from all the test drives, and being in the auto show. I would just use Armor All’s, Natural Finish Detailer Protectant. Don't like real shiny looking plastics.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Meguiars doesn't have a shine either, I use all their line plus 3m professional stuff for exterior refinishing and reconditioning.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I was always paranoid about my wife scuffing the bottom with her heels, never did I think a ring would cause that. I used Meguiars Quick Mist and Wipe Interior Detailer and it cleaned most of it, but it's clearly paint that's missing. I'm going to plastic wrap the whole interior just like Italians do with their furniture.
Haha. Way back when I was in high school a good friend of mine's Dad had a late 60's Alfa Giulia that he foolishly let my friend use, in which his Dad had left all the manufacturer's plastic wrap on the door panels "to keep it in good condition" ( while all the while having, himself, to look at the ugly plastic covered panels). That car went to Woodstock!( good thing it had the plastic on the panels...it was just a little muddy there). Come to think of it, his folks also had a late 60's 2-door Plymouth Fury with a monstrous engine that his mom drove. Yep, his dad was a car guy and was crazy enough to let his kid drive them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.