Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my car back from getting a big update on the interior!
First off, the new Katzkin seats. They look more ivory in this picture, but they're really dove gray and pacific blue:

And a view of the back seat:

We also had heated seats installed. They put the switches alongside the handbrake. They have a low and high setting. When we took it in they said they couldn't install heat in the seat part of the passenger side--only the back. I haven't tested how well that works because I haven't had any passengers yet. The driver's side gets toasty very quickly.

Also, I ordered a couple other things from 500 Madness. Here are the door sills:

And here is the strap for the trunk--a small thing but a huge improvement on the original.

I also should be getting a big red knob for the shifter sometime via fedex today.

This is a very fun car to have :)

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
That's niiiiiice!

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Great mods. Look factory installed!

·
Registered
856 Posts
"And here is the strap for the trunk--a small thing but a huge improvement on the original."

you should install them opposite side, knob head towards the front of the car like other people do..
it looks like the knob will get caught on the hatch..

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

you should install them opposite side, knob head towards the front of the car like other people do..
it looks like the knob will get caught on the hatch..
Hmm, I'm not sure I understand. So I should twist it to face inward? Or on the other side of the car? Do you have a picture? So far it hasn't gotten caught anywhere, but I've only had it installed a week or so.

·
Registered
71 Posts
WOW!

Great mods! I bet that sinking into those leather seats really puts a smile on your face now.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I got the pull strap as well...just came by Fedex yesterday. I ordered the black with red stitching, but then after I placed the order I regretted it and wished I'd rodered the red with black stitching. But 500 Madness fouled up and sent me the red one with black stitching! Thanks, guys! hahaha

I too had been wondering how to install it, worried that the way zinniz did it would result in it getting caught between the hatch and body. Looks like that is not an issue...so I'm going to do it like she did!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My new shift knob arrived today! After a search of the basement for the socket set (then sorting it since they had all gotten into the wrong spots), I installed it in just a couple minutes. I love it so much already and I haven't even driven anywhere with it yet.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Nice! Did you do the seats yourself or have them installed...if so Im curious about the labour charge?

·
Registered
707 Posts
love it.. love how you got the heated seats done on a 5MT. I was bummed they removed that option that I ordered and paid for when I opted for manual transmission. I like how they put the switches in the center there.

·
Registered
13,463 Posts
Looks nice the blue and white seat. blue insert won't get as dirty. Nice place for the after market heated seat switches to. Looks like the factory would have place them there.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I don't recall the split out of the parts vs labor for the seats, but the total installed was $1600. It's a lot of money, but the car was so reasonably priced to begin with, I figured why not? We rolled the costs into the 0% financing for the car, so that worked out really well. Otherwise I'd be waiting for my income tax refund to come!

·
Registered
13,463 Posts
Did you buy you car, at Lou Fuz Fiat, in St. Louis.(dealer name spelling). We were in St. Louis last summer, before our 2 studio here were opened. It was about 102 degrees outside.The sale person was very friendly. It was so exciting seeing the first 500's there last summer. Almost bought my 500 from them. We would have had to driven both cars back to KC. Soon as we got back to KC, our studio opened, and we bought a loaded Sport.

I think you leather, and heated seats are a good after market price. Enjoy you car!:)

·
Registered
856 Posts
Yes what I meant was that loop should go inward. We should have other person's picture in this forum somewhere.. i will try post them soon.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Did you buy you car, at Lou Fuz Fiat, in St. Louis.
Sort of--We bought from Fiat of Metro East, which is the Lou Fusz (not sure of the spelling either) dealer on the Illinois side of the river. It's the same company, but they've opened two locations. I had analyzed the inventory carefully between the two locations and the Metro East one had a lot more manual transmission cars, so we went there and had a very good experience. MUCH better than our comparison experiences at nearby dealers of other brands.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yes what I meant was that loop should go inward. We should have other person's picture in this forum somewhere.. i will try post them soon.
Hmm, I'll give it a try and see how it works. I worry that if it's turned inward I'll have a hard time reaching it. I'm quite short so I liked that it was easier to reach this way.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts