Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2013 fiat 500 abarth ive been having some weird issues i cant seem to solve lately. Number one is a random misfire/intermittent misfire on cylinder 2 CEL that will occasionally start flashing if I cruise down the freeway but does not effect driveability. Along with the CEL if I go up to around 4000 rpms the will suddenly jerk forward as the engine suddenly releases boost, the tac will sometimes suddenly drop to 0 rpms and then come back up? When it jerks forward it feels like the clutch just disengages right after untill i get below 3000 rpms then it will reengage or the vehicle will coast to a stop and stall then I restart the car and its perfectly fine. And occasionally it will have a lot of trouble starting and if I touch the gas pedal before its warmed up then the car will stall.

Ive replace numerous things. New spark plugs new Alpha Romeo 4c Coilpacks with about 5k miles on them, new crankshaft position sensor, cleaned the Maf sensor, new neutral safety switch. Im starting to think the ECU is just toast but I dont want to spend the money on more new parts without it being a likely possibility? I do have the EuroCompulsion stage 3 tune with associated upgrades but ive detuned it to stage 2 to see if that helps but nothing has changed. But the occasional gas pedal issues makes me think its the throttle position sensor? Anyone have similar issues?

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
I own a 2013 fiat 500 abarth ive been having some weird issues i cant seem to solve lately. Number one is a random misfire/intermittent misfire on cylinder 2 CEL that will occasionally start flashing if I cruise down the freeway but does not effect driveability. Along with the CEL if I go up to around 4000 rpms the will suddenly jerk forward as the engine suddenly releases boost, the tac will sometimes suddenly drop to 0 rpms and then come back up? When it jerks forward it feels like the clutch just disengages right after untill i get below 3000 rpms then it will reengage or the vehicle will coast to a stop and stall then I restart the car and its perfectly fine. And occasionally it will have a lot of trouble starting and if I touch the gas pedal before its warmed up then the car will stall.

Ive replace numerous things. New spark plugs new Alpha Romeo 4c Coilpacks with about 5k miles on them, new crankshaft position sensor, cleaned the Maf sensor, new neutral safety switch. Im starting to think the ECU is just toast but I dont want to spend the money on more new parts without it being a likely possibility? I do have the EuroCompulsion stage 3 tune with associated upgrades but ive detuned it to stage 2 to see if that helps but nothing has changed. But the occasional gas pedal issues makes me think its the throttle position sensor? Anyone have similar issues?
Hello,
We're sorry to hear you're experiencing these concerns. We'd recommend having your vehicle diagnosed by your local dealer as they are in the best position to make any necessary repairs. You can locate your nearest dealer here: Find a FIAT® Dealership Near You

Sarah
Fiat Cares

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Can't say I've experienced anything like that. I would take it to a shop that specializes in custom work since you've done some tuning. Don't shoot a parts cannon at it - you'll always regret that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts