Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lady owner no mechanical knowledge ..Fiat 500 nearly 6 years old.Car started to lose power three warning lights came on general hazard,oil can and low fuel -had 1/4 tank of fuel struggled home reversed into drive and it cleared.Same thing happened yesterday with 3/4 full tank no fuel light this time but the others came on ! Started fine this morning taken to garage the owner drove it there for me checked it over no faults coming up so they can’t do anything until it happens again .. concerned any ideas please. I’m a philistine when it comes to cars lol

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Sounds like the engine limp mode engaged on. That‘s was it was struggling to get home.
The car may have a intermitted bad coil pack, dirty fuel injectors. It’s hard to diagnose the issue without any codes.

You didn’t mention the mileage on your car. It the engine a Twin Air?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum. Sounds like the engine limp mode engaged on. That‘s was it was struggling to get home.
The car may have a intermitted bad coil pack, dirty fuel injectors. It’s hard to diagnose the issue without any codes.

You didn’t mention the mileage on your car. It the engine a Twin Air?
It’s not a Twin Air 29000 on the clock ?

·
Registered
118 Posts
My best guess with the very little information given is it needs new coil packs and spark plugs. Or the crank position sensor is failing had both issues with my abarth.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts