Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I've been trawling through loads of posts on here trying to find a solution to my bad radio signal in my lounge twinair, so I'm sorry if someone has already posted about the solution but I can't find it so I'm hoping you guys can help? I'm sure I've read on a post somewhere about this seemingly very common problem with the 500 radios that it may have something to do with the aerial connection under the headlining at the back just under the external aerial? Moisture or condensation getting in somewhere maybe? But now I can't find the post relating to it and it had pictures and everything and I didn't want to tackle it without the pics as they looked really helpful. Anyway, does anyone remember the post or know what I'm talking about by any chance? Really would like to get it sorted out as I can only pickup one station, classic fm, and that's in and out. And I'm back at work next week and as I can no longer use public transport because of the pandemic I have a 40 mile round trip to work and back. Thanks in advance guys.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Hi everyone, I've been trawling through loads of posts on here trying to find a solution to my bad radio signal in my lounge twinair, so I'm sorry if someone has already posted about the solution but I can't find it so I'm hoping you guys can help? I'm sure I've read on a post somewhere about this seemingly very common problem with the 500 radios that it may have something to do with the aerial connection under the headlining at the back just under the external aerial? Moisture or condensation getting in somewhere maybe? But now I can't find the post relating to it and it had pictures and everything and I didn't want to tackle it without the pics as they looked really helpful. Anyway, does anyone remember the post or know what I'm talking about by any chance? Really would like to get it sorted out as I can only pickup one station, classic fm, and that's in and out. And I'm back at work next week and as I can no longer use public transport because of the pandemic I have a 40 mile round trip to work and back. Thanks in advance guys.
Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
FiatCares

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the offer but it's way out of warranty and I'm in the UK. I'm hoping it's a quick fix with the aerial connection and something I can tackle myself. I've only owned the car since December and we are only just coming out of the lock down in the UK since March. I think car dealers have just opened again 1st June. It would cost way too much over here anyway so not an option for me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have found that my radio reception is problematic when I have my phone charger plugged in. Without the charger it is fine.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
I have found that my radio reception is problematic when I have my phone charger plugged in. Without the charger it is fine.
We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
FiatCares

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had this problem with my 500 color therapy, unscewed the aerial from the base cleaned thread on aerial and base, worked fine.
Hope this works for you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts