Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a Pop, so I don't have Blue&Me, just the basic USB port and aux jack.

I can play my iPhone 4 through the aux jack with no problem, but it won't work through the USB port.

When I picked it up, the dealer did say he had to reconfigure his iPod before it would play through the USB port, so maybe that's all I need to do.

Anybody else having an issue with this?

Thanks,

Ryan

·
Super Moderator
1,385 Posts
Yes - I have determined that the USB port is not powered in my Pop. Therefore, it is not a USB port, because the specification for USB has power requirements. It may be completely unconnected, there is no juice coming out regardless if the engine is running or not.

Could we get a reply from one of the Prima people - you should be able to charge any USB-connectible device from the port. ?! Not saying play music, but anything that charges should work with a USB port.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, As a further update, I tried a thumbdrive - that didn't work either. I've reported it to the dealer, I'll let you know what comes out of that.

Ryan

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All,

Quick update: after talking with the dealer, it appears that the USB port with the basic sound system isn't operable. My guess is that they're using the same module for either sound system, and in the basic, the USB port isn't enabled.

I pulled out my window sticker and read through the features and it actually doesn't mention the USB port capability, just the aux jack. So, I guess that's that.

Ryan

·
Registered
17 Posts
Maybe all you need to do is connect the usb port to the stereo and it will work? I plan on getting a pop too and would like this feature. Hopefully there is a way to enable this and make it usable without the blue&me option.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sk8ace - further update: a comment by another forum member in another (similar) thread puzzled me, so I did a little research. I went out to "Build Your Own" on the FIAT website and I noticed that the base model now shows the Blue&Me as standard.

When I ordered mine in March, this was an upgrade (I can't remember how much, but it was substantial). Of course, that confused me.

So I contacted the dealer. He confirmed that starting May 5th, FIAT made the Blue&Me part of the standard package; before May 5th, you had to pay for it.

Now, I don't know the reason for this, and I must say, I have some conflicted feelings:

1. I don't want Blue&Me, or else I would have bought it when I ordered the car
2. I feel like others are getting something for nothing, so to speak
3. I'd have very definite "unmixed" feelings if I had bought a Pop and paid for the upgrade to Blue&Me

So, on one hand, I'm fine with it because if the dealer offered to swap it in for me, I'd decline. On the other hand, I still feel like others are getting more for the same price. On the third hand, that's what you get for being first, I guess. I ordered mine as soon as I could, even before many of the accessories were available.

So I guess it all balances out. I think.

Ryan

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yea I can see your point. I will probably put an aftermarket headunit in eventually anyways and it will most likely be able to use that pre installed usb port with the new stereo.

If you do get the chance to upgrade to blue me for free though... I'd do it if I were you, might make a few extra bucks on it if you decide to sell it later on.

I guess when I decide to order my pop, it will be standard. Thanks for that info!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts