1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
73 Posts
Used these on a GT500 and had nothing bad feed back. Hard to gap and too much $$$ while a NGK is a fine by me. Iridium forgetium.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Copper plugs still are the best for energy transfer, ie. best spark. Iridium and platinum plugs will last longer. With the plugs so easy to get to on the Fiat engine a long lasting plug is not something to be concerned with. Now, on my v6 Santa Fe, long service interval is key since the entire intake and a bunch of other things have to be taken off to change, the rear bank.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
104 Posts
I used nothing but iridium plugs in my bikes. Never had to gap a single one. Granted, Triumph's inline 3 cylinder is a very high compression motor and it cant' be compared to the 1398cc turbo inline 4, but my experience with iridium plugs (at least on my bikes) is that they make a massive difference, and go a long way towards smoother cruising.

Never tried them in a four wheel vehicle but I always assumed the results would be roughly the same.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I used nothing but iridium plugs in my bikes. Never had to gap a single one. Granted, Triumph's inline 3 cylinder is a very high compression motor and it cant' be compared to the 1398cc turbo inline 4, but my experience with iridium plugs (at least on my bikes) is that they make a massive difference, and go a long way towards smoother cruising.

Never tried them in a four wheel vehicle but I always assumed the results would be roughly the same.
The rocket three is a low compression engine.8.7:1 , The recommended spark plug for the bike is a plain old fashion resister type. ( Owner of a Rocket X with 70,000 miles)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts