Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Or, more to the point - are Mexico's cars higher than US ones?

My Sport car has a HUGE wheel gap. I can fit my fist between the rear fender and the tire.

I've seen pics of US spec cars... is the wheel gap so huge?

I'm wondering if I'll be able to get the same Eibach kit as you guys. I feel the car is simply too tall as it is.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
The us spec is still really high stock. How long have you had it? Springs can take up to 500 miles to break in and they will drop a little. But I do know stock 500s sit really high, can't wait for some
Companies to release some springs!

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I have heard that cars sold in Mexico do generally have suspensions that sit higher. Perhaps something to do with the different roads and terrain. For mine, I can almost fit a 500ml can of beer on top of the rear tire. I can't wait to lower it.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have heard that cars sold in Mexico do generally have suspensions that sit higher. Perhaps something to do with the different roads and terrain. For mine, I can almost fit a 500ml can of beer on top of the rear tire. I can't wait to lower it.
Good one! I had a can of beer nearby and yeah, our suspensions are the same! :D

·
Registered
160 Posts
Then where will you put your beer?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, your car is beautiful!

The Fiat is the first car I've ever seen that looks awesome with smaller OR bigger wheels. Smaller wheels make the car look a lot more like the old 500 - classic and sweet. Big wheels make it look agressive and fast. I love both looks!

I wonder how my car will look with the springs. I think the 16"s are a compromise - but hey, the design is very cool for a stock wheel, I'm not thinking about changing them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts