Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just tried to register at Abarth Cars Official Site to keep up on the news...hoping that they will bring the forthcoming ELECTRIC ABARTH to the US. The "choose your country" step (step #1) does not even allow for choosing the United States. It says, "country", not "language", otherwise I'd simply choose UK and call it a day.

I wonder if it is just ignorance, or a slight, or if they figure the US doesn't have enough Abarth owners (or hopeful owners) to matter.

~Marco

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Neither. It's not that dramatic of a reason. It's just that they have different entities running the business for different countries, and "Abarth" does not operate in the US, that's all.

·
Registered
13,898 Posts
It has nothing to do with the present Abarth owners here. Fiat USA pulled the sale of the 500 here in North America. Along with the Abarth. There are no signs of the new 500e, being imported here in the future. It will be imported in some South America countries. The Abarth
site your on is a European one. These are 500e Abarth concept illustrations
of the vehicle.

Tire Wheel Automotive side-view mirror Vehicle Car

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just tried to register at Abarth Cars Official Site to keep up on the news...hoping that they will bring the forthcoming ELECTRIC ABARTH to the US. The "choose your country" step (step #1) does not even allow for choosing the United States. It says, "country", not "language", otherwise I'd simply choose UK and call it a day.

I wonder if it is just ignorance, or a slight, or if they figure the US doesn't have enough Abarth owners (or hopeful owners) to matter.

~Marco
anti-american....you don't have to look at Italy for that as it is in your backyard....

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
It has nothing to do with the present Abarth owners here. Fiat USA pulled the sale of the 500 here in North America. Along with the Abarth. There are no signs of the new 500e, being imported here in the future. It will be imported in some South America countries. The Abarth
site your on is a European one. These are 500e Abarth concept illustrations
of the vehicle.

View attachment 112290
View attachment 112292
****, that looks properly good!

·
Registered
13,898 Posts
There’s no such thing about a EV Dodge charger, and challenger yet. FCA, has them in the works,
in the next couple years. The auto industry is going electric. The 500 model will be completely electric too.
Good bye ICE cars.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Is there an External combustion engine...asking for a friend.
Yes. Yes there is:
Like the steam engine, the Stirling engine is traditionally classified as an external combustion engine, as all heat transfers to and from the working fluid take place through a solid boundary (heat exchanger) thus isolating the combustion process and any contaminants it may produce from the working parts of the engine.
ga2500ev

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
No such thing as an electric Abarth. Abarth was all about tuning the gas engine and exhaust. But I would think Carlo Abarth would find a way to tune an electric motor, mostly software now.
Yep...it's coming to life, it's just a matter of if and when it comes to the United States. As for me, I'll keep hope alive...

·
Registered
2013 FIAT 500e
3,888 Posts
The link in post 17 mentions bigger brakes. I think they should take a hint from Formula E, where the upcoming car has NO brakes: They added a front "motor" JUST for regen, & eliminated the hydraulic brakes completely!

That's likely too extreme for a road car, but they certainly shouldn't have to make the brakes BIGGER, unless they use rear wheel drive, as the article also mentions.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts