Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Those are my outgoing BFG G-Force Comp2 A/S on the OEM sport wheels, 205/45R16. They've been great fun. Stickiest A/S I've ever had, but 35K and they're done. Replacing next week with Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ on the forged hyper-black Abarth wheels, 205/40R17.

This paint color (and my preference for the Sport full-leather seats) is the main reason I'm going through the lengthy and expensive process of upgrading the 500T to Abarth spec, rather than just trading up. Madness ECM last year, Eibach Pro springs went on last week, OEM Abarth exhaust this week. Ways to go yet...

Next pictures will look a bit different.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is that a stock color from the factory? Man that is sweet......
OEM color, Verde Azzurro (Green-Blue). Chrysler's name was better: Fathom Blue Pearlescent. OEM paint code PPS.

Great color, but it couldn't improve the looks of the Dodge Journey.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
2.0 spec near complete

Abarth wheels, Eibach Pro springs, Abarth exhaust all in place now. Interior bits updated as well. I want to add Abarth rear spoiler, but by all accounts, it's not a DIY job to remove the old. Still, I love having this stance and visual goodies from the Abarth on the 500T's Verde Azzurro paint.

IMG_20190721_141018 2.jpg

IMG_20190721_142258.jpg

IMG_20190721_142924.jpg

IMG_20190721_143045 2.jpg

IMG_20190713_200932.jpg

·
Registered
778 Posts
Nice. I love that color. (It's almost like the color change paint Ford put on their Mustang... maybe 15 years ago?)

You are right about the spoiler being nearly impossible to change. It has been done at home, but easiest is to buy a new hatch. Fiat uses some sort of industrial strength glue on those... probably the strongest bond on the car.

I've watched this guy upgrade his Abarth. Basically he used a Dremel to saw off the old unit, then another attachment to chip the glue loose. Actually, the glue held, the paint let loose from the hatch. Using great care, it could be done w/o damaging visible paint. (It's one of those jobs where it's cheaper for a body shop to replace/paint the hatch as it is to swap the part.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jysCy4mJ_ic

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice. I love that color. (It's almost like the color change paint Ford put on their Mustang... maybe 15 years ago?)
I remember that - I think it was model-specific to the special "Cobra" models. The FCA version is much much more subtle than that snakey looking Mustang paint. That was radical for a factory paint. Like a TVR or something.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts