Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Only had the car a couple of weeks so still trying to figure out what are quirks vs. what are problems I should be addressing with the dealer.

1. If I'm playing music from a jump drive when I turn the car off, at next start-up it sometimes wants to default to SAT instead of to USB.

2. Sometimes I would swear I turned the head unit off but at next start-up the car the head unit is on.

3. If there is an iPod/jump drive in the USB port, even if I'm playing a CD or listening to the radio, the TomTom display will eventually revert to the Media Player display instead of the 3D navi display. How long it waits to do this seems to be random but typically occurs within a couple of minutes of start-up. If I AM listening to the USB, the display seems to revert to Media Player when the current song ends and the next song begins to play.

4. If there is an iPod/jump drive in the USB port and I decide to listen to a CD for a while, the USB nonetheless continues to play (just not through the speakers). Next time I decide to listen to the USB, it's not where I left off the last time I listened to USB.

5. Speaking of TomTom, even though I've specified 3D display as the default mode in Settings, every now and then I find the display has decided it wants to be in 2D mode.

Anyone else experiencing the above?

Feedback would be appreciated! Thanks.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
par for the course minus the head unit on/off thing.

·
Registered
207 Posts
My Ipod/USB isn't available at start up, usually takes a few moments..I am assuming for the Ipod to wake up, so another source is on. I am assuming again that it is what I was listening to prior to using Ipod. After I took the See Radio option off the Info Center, the Ipod info started popping up in the TomTom without me using the TomTom car menu, but only if I wasn't being navigated. Radio stays off if off when I turn off the car. My Ipod stays in the glove box so I don't know what it is doing when I listen to another source and I usually don't remember what I was listening too when I shut the car off unless it is only for a few moments.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you leave the USB in the port/car and the weather has been cold, as it has been lately, it does seem to take the USB a while to shift out of park and play your tunes. Problem is, the speakers blast because the tunes on my iPod/jump drive don't play nearly as loudly as the SAT or CD so I have the volume cranked.

A new one for the "Is this TYPICAL behavior???" list...

USB was in the port but I switched to SAT and had been listening to SAT for several minutes when the USB apparently decided it wanted me to hear a tune and it cut in. Happen to others?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts