Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you are contemplating selling a car that you bought only a few months ago because you thought is was "cool", "hot" or whatever because JLo has done a few ads then you make Shallow Hal look deep.:confused:

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
If you are contemplating selling a car that you bought only a few months ago because you thought is was "cool", "hot" or whatever because JLo has done a few ads then you make Shallow Hal look deep.:confused:
Agreed!

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I've never had anyone say anything about my car regarding the ads. It's just sad that they could be doing so much better. I imagine if I ever had anyone ask me if JLo were in the car, I'd respond, "yeah, in the trunk next to my shovel." But that's just my morbid sense of humor. The responses I get are overwhelmingly positive. Last Saturday I had a car full of teenagers giving me thumbs up on the highway. I always catch people peering in the window and on more than one occasion stop to answer a few questions for people who are genuinely enthusiastic about the car.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Amen.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Nope. Its just because THE ABARTH IS COMING!!!!

·
Registered
112 Posts
I don't care if they start showing commercials with Barney and Barbie fornicating on the car. This is my baby.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I bought the car to drive through the MINI lot and thumb my nose at them...
I never thought it was cool or hot.

I'm just a caroholic and it was something new.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
why must it be said?

has anyone said the ads would make them dump a car they already bought?

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
why must it be said?

has anyone said the ads would make them dump a car they already bought?
Yes, names will be withheld to protect the insane.

·
Registered
196 Posts
why must it be said?
It needn't be said. No thread that starts off with "someone has to say" is going to be negative vitriol, just like the ones that start "I'm not a racist but...". :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Just sayin'

·
Registered
1,007 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Hi

Is j low really that bad. im kind of over it (i think she's fine in the gucci add, thats about it)....sell away malcontents..
I hear you. I think alot of people are using the ads as an excuse to blow off steam in general.

Seeing a commercial with dancing hamsters wouldn't make me want to sell off my car if I had a Kia Soul, nor would those disturbingly weird Prius commercials with the giant made up of alot of individual people make me want to sell off a Prius if I had one, so why should just having J Lo in a couple commercials make me upset about the Fiat?

Regards

Pat

·
Registered
475 Posts
I hear you. I think alot of people are using the ads as an excuse to blow off steam in general.

Seeing a commercial with dancing hamsters wouldn't make me want to sell off my car if I had a Kia Soul, nor would those disturbingly weird Prius commercials with the giant made up of alot of individual people make me want to sell off a Prius if I had one, so why should just having J Lo in a couple commercials make me upset about the Fiat?

Regards

Pat
Ah, but what must be said is, has anyone, anyone at all, said they bought the car because of a J-Lo commercial?
That's the feedback that would be essential.

I haven't met an owner that's said, "jeepers, I identify so much with J-Lo and am glad she's endorsing/pimping the ride."
Rather, the emotions run from indifference to nausea.

Will anyone sell their car because of the commercials? -- Probably not.
Will anyone have to endure ridicule because of the commercials? -- Probably.

Getting back to sales basics, her involvement doesn't do anything for FIAT's attempt to avoid buyer's remorse...

·
Registered
147 Posts
Got my first "where's JLo?" last night. The guy is a bit of a jackass so go figure. Then I whipped out my iPhone and showed him the new Abarth ad, but then his wife saw it and he got in ****. :p

1 - 20 of 21 Posts