Fiat 500 Forum banner

Italian Re-do of the 1st Jlo ad

5K views 23 replies 13 participants last post by  Bladecutter 
#1 · (Edited)
Interesting to see the Italian re-editing. Anything with Jlo has 2 strikes against it, in my book, but does it reduce the cringe factor for you? Especially the shorter version.

Plus see what the UK guys did with cropping parts of the Get Ready ad into a shorter more focused version. Does this make you say hmmm... about the US marketing effort ... at least the work before the new Abarth ad came out.

Nuova Pubblicità 2011 Spot FIAT 500 POP - Italy

Fiat 500 Guitar Commercial - UK - from original USA internet ad - Get Ready

#2 ·
This will piss of member Fiat5. Oh wait, he traded his for a testosterone filled ...BMW 1 series. Sorry, I know it was his decision, but to let Jlo get to you, to the point of selling your car for another chick car, makes me shake my head.

#3 ·
Did you notice that our 'Sport' button was labeled 'Eco' in the commercials? Makes you wonder if the European models default to 'Sport' mode and to get the Eco friendlyl mode you have to press the 'Eco' button...or 180 degrees from ours.

#4 ·
Interesting to see the Italian re-editing. Anything with Jlo has 2 strikes against it, in my book,
so apparently its not the commercial, it's HER. what is it that people hate about J-Lo? :confused: I don't get it.

This will piss of member Fiat5. Oh wait, he traded his for a testosterone filled ...BMW 1 series.
FIAT5 sold their 500 because of a commercial? you're kidding, right? pretty weak minded, if you ask me. if BMW has a commercial they hate, will they trade the BMW for something else less offensive, like a smart car?:p

I've had my 500 since July and NOT ONCE has anyone approached me and said "why are you driving a J-Lo car?" in fact, no one has EVER mentioned the J-Lo commerciasl to me....NO ONE. the only place I ever hear about it is on FIAT forums and in stories written by narrow-minded, usually uninformed, "car guys".

ITS A COMMERCIAL. get over it. :rolleyes:

#6 · (Edited)
FIAT5 sold their 500 because of a commercial? you're kidding, right? pretty weak minded, if you ask me. if BMW has a commercial they hate, will they trade the BMW for something else less offensive, like a smart car?:p

ITS A COMMERCIAL. get over it. :rolleyes:
Ask him, he posted his new winter tires on here yesterday or the day before. Good deal for someone, but it's a chick car for a chick car trade. I've never seen one male in my area drive a 1 Series. This one girl made a comment on my car saying it's a toy, I responded that she couldn't afford the real BMW's.

#10 ·
As I recall, everyone Fiat5 knew, and everyone who saw him drive his Fiat around, complete strangers on the street, would point and laugh at him, vocalizing their distaste of his car due to the J-Lo commercials.

Yeah... it must have been the car...

#11 ·
****, only had one person ask where JLO was.. and it was a child of 4, a boy, kept on tugging on his dad at the gas station, saying .. Daddy, is JLO in that car" I went over and told him to come over, with his father and see if she was in the car.. The dad loved the car, the boy looked un happy not seeing JLO.. lol

#12 ·
****, only had one person ask where JLO was.. and it was a child of 4, a boy, kept on tugging on his dad at the gas station, saying .. Daddy, is JLO in that car" I went over and told him to come over, with his father and see if she was in the car.. The dad loved the car, the boy looked un happy not seeing JLO.. lol
LOL....seems that both the dad and his son have good taste! :p

#17 ·
Before going to the dealership to buy mine I sat with my wife and watched Youtube vids of the 500. I saw the JLo vids pop up, but no big deal. Every company experiences bad marketing campaigns. Core values such as high product quality and integration with the end user's lifestyle should be top considerations. I'm proud to have Silver Ghost in my driveway. Seeing that Fiat emblem on the steering wheel brings back very fond memories when I behind the wheel of my 124s.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.