Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the past couple of weeks, we have been anxiously awaiting our demo car. It arrived today; a silver Sport with the sky roof. I didn't get to drive it far, fast, or furious, but I did get to spend a couple of miles behind the wheel and it is freakin' cool.

First impressions: The clutch effort is really light- I just about stomped right through the floor. Engagement is predictable and the shifter is smooth. Power low in the rev range is weak, but builds nicely with engine speed. The car only had 28 miles on it, and I am reluctant to thrash her, so I didn't redline between shifts. Love the feel of the steering.

Slightly smaller than a Lotus Elise, and a bit shorter than my Festiva. I love the feel of small cars and am very comfortable. Ultra-maneuverable.

Tons of leg room (I actually had the seat a notch or two forward from fully back) but I will buy mine without the sky roof- at 6'2" I brush the headliner. All in all, I am very impressed with this car and can't wait to start taking orders.

This thing is just too freakin' cool.

Ryan

·
Registered
15 Posts
I drove a 500 Sport today. It was a lot of fun with the Sport button pressed. The 101 hp goes far when the car is so light. I have a MINI Cooper but really liked the 500 and want to add one to my garage. :)

I like the seats and the location of the stick shift, along with the simple and clean interior.

·
Super Moderator
1,385 Posts
I test drove a while ago, and I totally agree with the Oregon dude. It just felt good to me all down the line. She's small, but you can just fit a bicycle in the back -- the front seat scoots forward, to allow people to climb into the back seat.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts