Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 12 weeks of waiting, I finally picked up my Espresso Sport last night.
The dealer was great (Tonkin Fiat in OR) and the overall experience was good. They tried to sell me on the paint guard and clear bra but i've done body work and the clear bra is a *****. And when he told me I wouldn't have to wax my car with the paint guard my reply was "I've owned 16 cars and I've loved to wax every one". It's a bonding experience.
When we were getting ready to leave they asked if I wanted them to mount the license plate on the front (OR requires front and back). I told him no, not wanting holes put in my bumper.
When I got her home I mounted the Front plate with 3M body moulding tape on all the screw mounts and it's on there pretty **** good. I'd rather lose my plate than put holes in the car. ;)

·
Registered
99 Posts
I see you're having the same sunny weather down there we're having up here in Vancouver (BC); I'm hoping my Rame Sport wil be here in Sept and would love nothing better than to hurl it down the 101

·
Registered
13,463 Posts
Very nice. I like the brown color. In fact I like all the colors. Congratulations, and have fun!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Looks sweet! The brown metallic is starting to grow on me :) Still partial to the Olive Green (ex-Army lol), though...:p

More details and pix of your plate mounting procedure, please - I've got the front plate on my SRT4 suction cup mounted to the inside of the front window, down in the corner on the pass side. Been like that for 3yrs now, and no issues w/any police (from WV to MN).

·
Registered
825 Posts
Congrats, looks great!

Maddog - I posted in your introduction thread earlier. I'd like to add that my Pop 5-speed daily driver is... olive green. I have your car!

Ryan

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks sweet! The brown metallic is starting to grow on me :) Still partial to the Olive Green (ex-Army lol), though...:p

More details and pix of your plate mounting procedure, please - I (from WV to MN).
Don't have any pics of the mounting but it's really simple. Bought 3M body moulding adhesive tape from an auto parts store. I applied it to the plate and put the plate on the factory bracket. Then I put four squares of the tape on the mounting points of the bracket. Took two long strips and attached them from mounting point to point crossing over the tape I already put on. This gives it more to hold on to. Did the same thing vertically from point to point. And then lined it up and pressed it to the bumper. No Holes.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Cool, I may have to try that :)

·
Registered
393 Posts
welcome to the forum and congrats on the pick up. Lovely Fiat 500 exterior color you picked out their.

I saw your other thread about car meets, please do post up pictures of these meet especially if they include Fiat 500's :D

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Very nice!
Any more pictures?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts