Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O.k., I'm not a big watcher of music videos, or anything much on the small screen. But I found myself watching one in the mall, while I was peacefully eating my lunch. I didn't see the whole thing, until I noticed out of the corner of my eye, J-Lo jumping around and showing the flesh. I'm a sucker for that sort of thing, so I started watching.

She's singing, and an all-male crowd is dancing behind her. It's on a city street, there's a car on fire, but other than that, everything's cool. Everybody dancing, Jenny's singing and dancing. Suddenly, the mood turns ugly: The hooligans start tossing Jenny around like a tavern wench. They even flip her over onto her back: things are getting nasty in a hurry.

Now we see the hero, in a military uniform, striding towards our poor heroine. He rescues her, the hooligans release her without a tussle (even though they have him at about 25-1). THEY DRIVE AWAY IN A WHITE FIAT 500. They're not even hurrying, as you might expect. Just rolling through the crowd, which parts like the Red Sea. Nobody so much as tries to snap off a mirror.

O.k., so when did music videos morph into infomercials? I just wonder how much Fiat is paying J-Lo for all this sponsorship. They could saturate the web with millions of penny-per-click ads, wouldn't that be a better bet?

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Um, isn't this what everyone has been complaining about for 2 months?

·
Registered
453 Posts
He clearly missed the first half of the video where she's trying to escape all the "love" crazed men in her Fiat 500.

Yes, this is the same thing people have been complaining about for months.

I hope they get that Abarth commercial on the TV soon, but I doubt they will.

·
Registered
825 Posts
I think product placement is a good idea, though. Why isn't Zooey Deschanel driving one of these in "New Girl", or Leonard in "Big Bang". Both seem a good fit. Get it in a couple of movies, etc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts