Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Guys,

I'm going to use this to start chronicling the work I've done on the Fiat. I'll be moving in posts and things I've done in the past to try and get a timeline built. I love the idea of build threads.

The car-

2013 Fiat 500 Sport
Currently at around 27k miles, and running great!

(Credit to CaptnSlo for the layout)

The Power-

Currently:
1. Moper Muffler w/ Resonator Delete
2. Mopar Cold Air Kit

For handling-

Currently:
1. 2.5" drop Madness Lowering Springs
2. OMP Steering Wheel HUB and Super Quadro Wheel

Look and Feel:
1. Rally Amour Black/Red Mudflaps
2. Red LED Interior Dome Lighting
3. 2 12inch JL subwoofers powered with 1000 watts RMS
4. Black Plastidip on Door Mirrors and all Chrome trim
5. Front Canards on bumper

Pics:

Here's an old video of when I had the Underglow Kit (No longer on the car thank God)

Future Work:

Coming soon will be racing seats, at least for the Driver side. I've got some old Corbeau seats my Father used in a Fox Body drag car that are just begging to go into the Fiat. Soon after that I want to get the Front Air Splitter on and FINALLY get some decent wheels for the car. I'm looking at the BBS CH series in 18".

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
If you can get by without the anti-syphon valve on your CAI you might want to try it. It will work better without it and they are prone to breaking, as well. Like the bikini shot, btw.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you can get by without the anti-syphon valve on your CAI you might want to try it. It will work better without it and they are prone to breaking, as well. Like the bikini shot, btw.
As in the long tube towards the top of the motor? Isn't that measuring the air? Or am I confused?

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
As in the long tube towards the top of the motor? Isn't that measuring the air? Or am I confused?
It's the round foam filter on the Mopar CAI that is right in front of the battery. Its purpose is to allow air flow if the filter in the wheel well gets submerged in water. You can remove it and replace it with a straight silicone coupler if you don't have to worry about such flooding. An anti-syphon valve is what these are know as. It creates turbulence and is prone to cracking because the whole CAI unit doesn't allow for much differential movement between the engine and car's chassis. Replacing it with a softer silicone coupler will allow for more differential movement. That is a good thing.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice. I don't run into TOO much water being in Texas, but I do hit the occasional big puddle and think about hydrolocking. I don't know if I'd be willing to take the risk or not, something to think about.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Thanks for the advice. I don't run into TOO much water being in Texas, but I do hit the occasional big puddle and think about hydrolocking. I don't know if I'd be willing to take the risk or not, something to think about.
I hear you. Just note that some people have reported that their anti-syphon valve broke due to the tightness of the assembly. You might want to keep an eye on it for that reason alone.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Down here in Houston water is a real concern. Hit a big "puddle" on I-10 the other day that threw a rooster tail 5 times as big as my poor Fiat. Water spots all under the hood! Good think Zonker's Short Shot Intake isn't a water scooper. Convinced me that I'm definitely not going to get a CAI with a low pickup.

That steering wheel though - is that even legal?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Down here in Houston water is a real concern. Hit a big "puddle" on I-10 the other day that threw a rooster tail 5 times as big as my poor Fiat. Water spots all under the hood! Good think Zonker's Short Shot Intake isn't a water scooper. Convinced me that I'm definitely not going to get a CAI with a low pickup.

That steering wheel though - is that even legal?
I've wired it so it doesn't throw any Airbag codes. Technically you are correct, which is the best kind of correct. I've got friends who haven't had issues with inspections. So maybe?

·
Registered
422 Posts
I've wired it so it doesn't throw any Airbag codes. Technically you are correct, which is the best kind of correct. I've got friends who haven't had issues with inspections. So maybe?
Would you be so kind to link the parts you used (Hub & Airbad Code fix)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I added a few things recently; haven't been doing much to the car lately.

I took one coil out of the rear of the Madness Springs to drop the back end just a bit more. It hasn't effected the ride that I have noticed at all; I haven't bottomed out and I tested it today rolling about 80 MPH on a highway with plenty of dips and dives and all was good.

I took apart my interior today and did some painting as well; I've always been a big red/gold fan so I did the interior pieces in kind of a matte gold enamel. Turned out pretty good I think.

I had some MAJOR paint peeling/fading on my hood, caused at some point before I bought the car. It had 10k on it when i picked it up, I'm assuming a trailer hitch backed into it but hard to tell; rather than repaint it or try and wet sand and match it I just plastidipped it to see if I like the look. It's okay for now.

Some updated pics/vid:

*Click on image for full size*

1 - 13 of 13 Posts