Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well - what more to say ?
Bought it a couple of months ago with a set of alloys, but with snow tyres mounted.
Can be pretty handy here in Denmark throughout the winter, but now spring finally seems to be here.
So - I wanted another set with summer tyres.
Scanning the local equivalent of Craigslist, I stumbled on this set of original Fiat wheels; I think they look kinda old school racy - quite suitable to the retro-design.
And they are not on every street corner over here ;o)
View attachment 103175

·
Registered
36 Posts
I got the stainless ribbed trim rings - very nice. The center caps came with the wheels standard. The Fiat middle sticker came from China from Ebay for about $1 each. The wheels have a DUAL bolt pattern - 100mm and 98mm. The only fitment issue I had was the rear brake caliper mount rubbed the inside of the center mount area. I tried spacers but they touched too so I sent them back and took a grinder to the mount and took off a very small bit of the mount and no more issues. I will warn you - the delivery time was much longer than advertised - they make them to order and only make them at certain times based on what color they are powder coating at the time. I talked to Wheel Vintiques several times during my wait and was given variable time scheduling. I could not find a better wheel anywhere so I stuck it out and would do it again. The white walls were my own doing - I used an inexpensive set of new tires (about $100 for 4) and got glue on 1" white wall rubber made to order stick on pieces from Tirestickers.com. The white rubber stick on white walls are glued on using what appears to be super glue provided in the kit. They seem to be holding up nicely but they were expensive for what they are at $150 for 4. This was cheaper than other white wall options I found so I gave it a try. I tried port-a-walls years ago on another project and promptly removed them and trashed them - they were that bad! At least these were just a bit more and seem to hold up. I covered the seam with red and green pinstripes (cleaned with acetone and applied with heat to make the pinstripes stay on). Coker tire makes a wide white wall for the 15" Fiat at $250 per tire.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I just checked the pricing on both sites. They have gone up in price since I bought mine. I think I paid $84.99 each with center cap but no trim ring. The factory lug bolts work with these wheels too. They are a nice set of wheels overall even at $100 each I would do it again.

·
Registered
654 Posts
I hadn't noticed the Fiat stickers... nice detail. I considered those, but they don't come in 16". (Thought they'd be perfect for the second tires.)

On a different subject, where did you get the door guard moldings?

·
Registered
12,566 Posts
Nice after market wheels. Are they steel, or alloy. Where did you get the Fiat baby moon dog dish hub caps. Are the beauty ring part of the wheels?

·
Registered
36 Posts
The rims are steel. The center caps are baby moons that came with the wheels with chrome/red thick plastic round concave decals from Ebay - China seller for $1 each - they are quite nice for a $1. The trim rings came from Summit as well - really nice stainless ribbed design for about $20 each. The door edge trim is from Ebay - China seller - it is U shaped white rubber with adhesive in the middle - works nice and was cheap. The body side moldings are from Ebay - USA seller - they are cut to fit solid white throughout and good quality. I made decals to stick on the body side moldings as well - Luigi 500, Italian flag, Luigi profile, etc... I have a vinyl cutter and I make decals and wrap cars and stuff just for fun. For example - today I finished custom making my boat motor hood and 20190713_205938.jpg 20190713_210223.jpg Mini Luigi got new wheels too...

·
Registered
36 Posts
You get use the 15" I would think - I used one size up tires too - I guess handling would be affected if you are a high performance driver - This car is not high performance - I have a new Corvette for that purpose. IMG_5931.JPG

·
Registered
654 Posts
I have the '18. As I understand, the Pop now has bigger rotors so 15's won't work. If I was a HP driver, I wouldn't go for solid wheels.

Update: Factory 16's specifically state "Not for Turbo". I wouldn't pay $2000 for the set, in any case... excuse me, on sale for $1400.

I did see a set of these today. I think that's the factory option wheel with the red insert. (They also have the insert in white.)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts