Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle City car Car Motor vehicle

There she be, basking under the carport light in all her glory... beckoning me to sit in her and enjoy her new car aroma.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
She's a 5 speed, with red/black interior. I am really happy with the sales staff at Fiat of Ontario, they gave me an even better price and interest rate than what Chuck, the online sales consultant, committed to over the phone, and everyone there was friendly and top notch. This is probably around the 15th new car I have purchased and it was by far the smoothest transaction of the lot.

My intentions are to modify her in a way that improves mpg and performance combined. So far it has meant losing the wheel covers and the under seat compressor for a whopping 10 lb weight savings (I am being sarcastic, but it is in the right direction).

I have a 92 mile long freeway loop I like to take to check fuel economy on my vehicles and I am proud to say Blanco did the trip in 2.09 gallons, making it 44.5mpg. Thats 6 mpg over the EPA hwy rating. Awesome!

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks much - i really like the inside / outside color combo. i haven't shot interior pics myself, but here are the pics of my car from the dealer website... Land vehicle Vehicle Car City car Fiat 500 Land vehicle Vehicle Car City car Fiat 500 Land vehicle Vehicle Car City car Fiat 500 Land vehicle Vehicle Car City car Fiat 500

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh and tweak, the tires that came on it are Firestone Firehawks

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Yep... I am going to modify this baby, with an form follows function type of approach.

I did level the rear out with a spring adjustment, and next order of business will be a axle back exhaust unit.

Land vehicle Vehicle City car Car Fiat 500

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
What are the other plans? Going to remove the rear seats for weight? Intake?
If I can fashion up a good seat delete panel that goes all the way to the trunk then yeah I will ditch the rear seats (and the heavy rear seat belts and their retractors).
Another item of easy weight removal is the battery. I might look into putting a lightweight battery in the place of the stocker. On my zx2, I ran a 13lb battery that worked fine in so cal weather and compared to the 38lb unit that was in there, I shaved a nice chunk.

Also, down the road, if my carbon fiber hood guy is still in business, I might see if I can get a mold made for a hood, and a rear hatch. Here's a link of my '05 Focus that I did siimilar mods to:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/799308

Intake... yes I am going to design one on my own. I've designed a few for the zx2's at my website (zxtuner.com) and know what to do to make one truly work well. The current crop of intakes seem to have too many bends and any bend in the system is a flow restriction of sorts. I might even just modify the stock airbox to be more effective... time will tell.

·
Registered
334 Posts
What year is this? I had a 12 Pop, but don't believe the seats were the same as yours. Interior on yours looks fantastic!

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If you are asking about the Pop above posted by Rob (zonker) then you should know he now has a 500T. ;)
Yep - tweak is NEVER wrong - traded my Pop in for a Sport a while back. The interior was stock Pop with red/black trim. It does look great with a white dash, and was much more striking than my 500T's black/grey sport interior.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Reactions: Brian Heath
1 - 17 of 17 Posts