Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been doing a little more research on the Prima Edizione (PE). I called Fiat as well. There's something which I find rather interesting.

So, the first 500 vehicles that rolled out belong to the PE owners. We have 3 colors, 2 options to choose from. On top of them, we get

1. PE Badge.
2. Floor mats with PE logo.
3. Numbered badge in cluster.
4. Sequential VIN. (btw, no one really knows unless you have another PE nearby to compare).
5. Black side stripes.
6. Black side mirrors housing.
7. Graphite instrument bezel panel.

If I am off with the PE features, please let me know. Least these are the features that should set us apart from a regular 500. The 3 colors aren't PE exclusive. MT is not PE exclusive. Sunroof, engine heater aren't PE exclusive.

Then what about the exclusivity of owning/driving one? This I reckon will last for another 45 days. Because the 500 can be ordered around the same time PE are delivered as informed by FiatUSA. 45 days later, we have 500s appearing everywhere on the road. Technically, a non PE owner can drive a similar 500 with all the same options sans the above PE features.

This has nothing to do with being a Fiat diehard fan or not. Nor am I whining about being a PE holder. Then of course there's the 'why does the world has to know the exclusivity as long as you know it's exclusive' comment, which I don't think really applies here.

Just looking for any constructive comments/feedback/insight that I may have missed.

Thank you for reading.:cool:

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have been down this same path with the BRP Can am Spyder. (This is a three wheel motorcycle with the two wheels up front). I bought one sight unseen or tried, much like the Fiat 500 although the Spyder was a much more radical design.

What I got for my trouble was an early edition of the Spyder, a PE number 610 out of 2500 and an extended warranty. I got to be the proving ground for this vehicle as I put 45,000 miles on it in two years. While this was not the record it put me up in the top ten worldwide. All in all the experience was good until I ran into the expected design problems and poor dealer network.

I expect a similar experience with the Fiat 500. The little extras they are throwing in are weak. An extended warranty would work better for me. This little car is not likely to draw the attention that my three wheeler did. I expect the dealer network to be weak and as far as I know it is now non existent. I don't remembering getting to chose any color option or anything else on this car. Calls to whatever phone numbers I can find either get me a 'no' or 'I don't know' response. The roll out of this car has been dismal.

So why did I chose to buy it? Well I haven't yet as I have not seen it or driven it. Don't know when that is going to happen either. But I do support alternate/new forms of transportation. I love the 'multi air' or constantly variable valve timing. Something that we have needed for some time.

What am I going to do with it? Drive it on the four corners tour and write about it on my blog similar to what I did with my Spyder.

So I am patiently waiting but not hopeful about this car. Yet I hope it all works out well

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
I have been doing a little more research on the Prima Edizione (PE). I called Fiat as well. There's something which I find rather interesting.

So, the first 500 vehicles that rolled out belong to the PE owners. We have 3 colors, 2 options to choose from. On top of them, we get

1. PE Badge.
4. Sequential VIN. (btw, no one really knows unless you have another PE nearby to compare).
5. Black side stripes.

If I am off with the PE features, please let me know. Least these are the features that should set us apart from a regular 500. The 3 colors aren't PE exclusive. MT is not PE exclusive. Sunroof, engine heater aren't PE exclusive.

Then what about the exclusivity of owning/driving one? This I reckon will last for another 45 days. Because the 500 can be ordered around the same time PE are delivered as informed by FiatUSA. 45 days later, we have 500s appearing everywhere on the road. Technically, a non PE owner can drive a similar 500 with all the same options sans the above PE features.

This has nothing to do with being a Fiat diehard fan or not. Nor am I whining about being a PE holder. Then of course there's the 'why does the world has to know the exclusivity as long as you know it's exclusive' comment, which I don't think really applies here.

Just looking for any constructive comments/feedback/insight that I may have missed.

Thank you for reading.:cool:
Also diviated stiching on the seats and a Prima only interior. If you do a build your own of a sport model and add the premium AC the Sirius Radio and transport is included it becomes a better deal. Remember the $17,500 for the Sport or the $19,500 for the Lounge does NOT include destination charges. The Primas are all the better Lounge standard features with the looks of the Sport with a few extra badges. These cars will maintain a collector status for a long time.

Opps I also missed the numbered lithiograph that matches your car number as well.

·
Registered
62 Posts
If you option it out, it is still about $650 more expensive. Does it cost that much to ship it. They also charge you 2 times for the Alarm system and that should save them a bit.
The Lounge is the same money and the wife would like it better even though she can drive stick shift.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies!

1. PE Badge.
5. Black side stripes.
8. Accent stitching (possibly on steering wheel, shift boot, seats).

So on top on those features, plus the accent stitchings. The grey/black seats aren't that exclusive is it? It is offered in Europe as an option and under Fiatusa.com, if you configure Sport trim, the only interior offered is Tessuto nero/nero and it looks very much like the grey/black.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I believe the wheels will have a different color treatment as well as the items you listed. At the cocktail party it was hinted that the PE would have different suspension tuning although I haven't heard that since then.

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
The prima's biggest feature is that it is a limited edition car. When this car blows up and everybody has to have one then the PE's will be sought out a little more due to their exclusivity.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Is it only 500 cars? or did they make 1000 of these? guessing it was 500 for both Canada and the USA which is kind of disapointing so there is going to be two owners out there with the same numbered car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts