Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
There's a recall on the 5 decal. Post june 2011 have the updated 5.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
There's a recall on the 5 decal. Post june 2011 have the updated 5.

YES, from what I understand, it's the wrong font. :p

seriously, as a FIAT Parts Advisor for the local FIAT Studio, I have looked into this and have found NO DIFFERENCE in seat parts.

maybe just a difference in the placement of the seat, but the parts are the same. for example, mine was built on July 4, 2011 and its seat is made up of the same part numbers as one built in January of 2011 and January of 2012.

I'm not the least bit concerned about mine. :)

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
I can tell you, there is a noticable difference in the blue&me from my new car (updated) vs. the old car (non-updated)

The speed of things, the menu is slightly revised and the overall usage is much better in the updated.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
I have no idea. I don't even know how to check. Might be a scan tool thing.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I bought a car built in May 2011 this January, didn't find the assembly date until a few days later. I do also wonder about Blue&Me updates...

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
just got a recent Fiat as via email. clearly stated cars built after July 2011 are safer rated??

here is the quote from the ad:

Safety has never looked so good. Every FIAT 500 built after July 2011 received 2012 TOP SAFETY PICK honors from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS). Feel secure with seven air bags1 and a Standard Tire Pressure Monitoring System, along with Electronic Stability Control (ESC)2 to help make every drive smoother and safer.

Sent from my Argento 500

·
Registered
103 Posts
From what I've read the safety issue had to do with the way the driver seat was attached to the floor of the car. Seems the seat would come off its mount in a side impact crash causing severe injury to the driver. Would provide link, but I don't remember which site it was on.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I don't know what the criteria is for a recall to be issued. I believe the pre-July 500s got a 3 out of 5 star safety rating in side impact tests. Post July 500s got 5 out of 5. I guess they went from kind of safe to really safe.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
No wonder I got a such a good deal. hope it doesnt cost me my life :(

Sent from my Argento 500
OH PUHLEAZE! I'm retired and I don't think I stay up as late as you guys do to think these things up. This has been hashed and rehashed. The improvement can NOT be determined by ANY change in part numbers after July vs before July. There is a Chrysler part person that frequents this forum who looked the numbers up every way he could in the FIAT/Chrysler parts system. In other words FIAT IMPROVED the existing seat which already met all Federal standards before the car was originally brought to market. Companies make running changes during production in many different industries. My FIAT was also built in 02/11. I do NOT obsess over my safety when I get in it to go somewhere. YMMV

1 - 20 of 48 Posts