Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've loved this car from the first time I saw it. So I bought one for my wife lol I also own the Nissan juke I guess I'm a fan of goofy but cool looking cars :) so where do I buy assoceries for it? Time to start modding!

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
www.roadracemotorsports.com is one of many, Rob is the owner, I post it because he had been VERY cool and spoken with me during and after business hours plus he makes some sweet products and is a member here on the forums. There are many other sites, 500madness and solermotorsports are also here on the forum and brought up all the time but my personal experience is with Rob & RRM. Another tidbit of info, they are one of the if not the only people making an awesome ECU tune that takes all of 2 minutes to install and can easily be removed which actually makes it nice for those concerned with what the dealer might say to mods, it adds power and isn't as costly as some of the other tunes which once done are done and require sending the ECU module or taking the car to the tuners location. Enjoy!

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
So I've loved this car from the first time I saw it. So I bought one for my wife lol I also own the Nissan juke I guess I'm a fan of goofy but cool looking cars :) so where do I buy assoceries for it? Time to start modding!
Altruism111: Congratulations on your new Fiat! As far as accessories, I am sure there are tons of aftermarket sites out there, but I can only recommend Mopar/Fiat brand accessories from your local Studio. Enjoy your new Fiat! Let me know if we can be of any more assistance.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Thanks for the info and Im sorry if my question has been asked before. I'm from ft Lauderdale Florida which we only have 2 fiat dealerships locally :) I went with blue... It seems most of the cars on the lot are white silver or black , this color really looks sharp!

Altruism111:

Wow! that does stand out.. I haven't seen a blue one around here yet.. but that color would be my choice for sure.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Just got the windows tinted today now it's looking good! An here is a pic of my juke :)
Looking GOOD! Is that the 35% Florida legal tint? That picture with the Juke comes out like Beauty and the Beast (and the 500 is NOT the Beast).:rolleyes:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Is there a particular trick to painting the calipers? I notice from the picture that you painted them right on the car but any guide I've seen says to remove them completely.
There are 3 ways to paint calipers...

1: powder coat - requires removing the caliper, removing all the hardware/piston/seals and baking the finish in an oven. Its expensive and really time consuming (average 2-3 days).
2: brush on epoxy paint (like G2) gives a really nice, smooth finish that will be very durable. You still need to break the system down, but you can leave bolts and hoses in place since the brush will help you control where the paint goes. It takes about an hour to clean everything and another hour to paint everything and a minimum of 4 hours before you can touch it (more like 6 at the minimum)
3: Spray on ceramic paint. This is the most common by far. With a little cleaning and some careful masking you can do the entire car in an hour or so. This method also dries the fastest - you can drive the car in less than 3 hours. The "correct" method is to take the calipers loose and take the brackets off so you can get the paint everywhere.
If you arent comfortable working with your brakes you can simply carefully mask the wheel area to protect anything you dont want to paint and shoot away. You will still get a durable, attractive finish, just not as smooth of a finish.

·
Registered
13,511 Posts
The Rust-oleum brake paint works really good, as long as the surface is very clean.

Rust-Oleum Caliper Paint Kit includes everything you need to easily give your brake calipers and drums a customized, painted look. Able to withstand intermittent temperature up to 900ºF (482ºC), the enclosed Caliper Paint will resist brake dust and perform even under the harshest braking conditions.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Is there a particular trick to painting the calipers? I notice from the picture that you painted them right on the car but any guide I've seen says to remove them completely.
Well it all comes down to the prep work use a good acetone to clean the calipers the. Tape off anything you done want to get overspray on, I.e anything rubber or the banjo bolts on the brakes. Then key is applying light coats of paint vs one heavy coat. I was very happy with the results I used paint designed for use on calipers it has ceramic particles in the paint. Pretty tough stuff.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.