Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving down Lougheed highway near Holdom by the Chrysler Fiat dealership and what do I see? A brand spanking new red Abarth pull out alongside me.

We were stopped at the red light and it took me a good 45 seconds, 3 honks, and plenty of crazy waves to get the driver's attention.

I asked him if it was the real deal and he said it was (special ordered). I asked him how much and he said the total came to about $40k :(.

That was all I could ask before the light turned green and I had to take a different road back home.

But dang, 40k? I'm not sure if he was quoting just the car price or if it included special ordering costs but that's way higher than what I was expecting.

Other than that awesome looking car :D

·
Registered
606 Posts
Hi

Would I be wrong to assume that this was this an import of one of the European spec Abarths? If so, I wonder which version it might have been.

Regards

Pat

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And again for I don't know how many times I feel the Abarth will be right at 30K, this may involve a bit of customizing as I rarely like ANY vehicle without changing some options. Too bad you didn't have time to snag a pic and chat a bit more.
I would have loved to have talked to the guy and take some pictures. Sadly, I wasn't expecting an Abarth to turn the corner into my adjacent lane and stop next to me.

Regarding the price, I would have to say 30 still seems a little bit high. The GTI here in Canada starts at $28,875 while the Cooper S is starts at $28,950. Fiat will need to be quite persuasive for a new customer to drop $30k on an untested model when the avg consumer has competitive alternatives to select from. I'm leaning more towards a sub-30k price but that's me hoping.

Would I be wrong to assume that this was this an import of one of the European spec Abarths? If so, I wonder which version it might have been.

Regards

Pat
I would assume so. The driver side was on the left so I doubt it was the UK version. Maybe somebody knowledgeable about the european models might be able to identify it. It was red in color and had the scorpion on the left side in black. It also had the lettering's "abarth" along the side too. That was the only way I spotted it the first time.

·
Registered
475 Posts
You can get a base Cooper S for $24K in the US. FIAT would be insane to start prices higher than $21K for a manual Abarth here.
Canadian prices are always different since you use Monopoly money...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts