Fiat 500 Forum banner

Which of these mods would you recommend for a stock Abarth 500c?

• Ignition

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ECM, Pedal (& Flash?)

• Suspension

• Thermal Blanket

• Intercooler

• Exhaust

• Brake rotors

• Lights - LED headlights

• Lights - Multi-color fog light

• Check Valve

• Other

• None - it's perfect as is

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, all. Thanks for the add to the group.

I'm flying to Chicago (from Greenville, SC) tomorrow morning to pick up my new Abarth 500c, and have a few questions regarding some quick mods to the car before hitting the road.

Does anyone know where I can get a K&N 33-2471 air filter in the Chicago area tomorrow? Amazon can't guarantee shipment that soon... Are there any Fiat dealers or tuners worth stopping for on the way home (down through Louisville, then Knoxville, Deals Gap / Tail of the Dragon, & Blue Ridge Parkway)?

Over the past few days I've been reading your posts here, and watching videos on YouTube about Abarth modifications. Putting my shopping list together (short-term & long), I need some clarification on the GOPedal, ECM & Autoflash. Do I need to purchase all 3? Advantages/disadvantages of separate vs as a package from the same manufacturer? And, apologies if this has been discussed, but: which mods are potentially detrimental to the car's reliability? I know to start with the coils & plugs first, but don't want to cause any long-term issues on a car with less than 10k miles).

Here's my shortlist so far. Thoughts? I know that part of the fun is forging your own path, but I also don't want to repeat mistakes others have already made. Any advice would be appreciated.

ModPartPrice
Ignition SystemMaxfire Coils & NGM Plugs250
Chip & PedalMagneti Marelli Power Pack1,100
SuspensionFront Brace Bar150
SuspensionSuspension Package513
IntakeMaxflow Red400
Heat Mgmt.SILA Thermal Blanket100
IntercoolerSILA Concepts475
ExhaustMagneti Marelli Bombardone1,000
Key fobCarbon Fiber Housing150
Brake RotorsSILA Concepts x4320
LightsLED Headlight Kit165
LightsMulti-color fog light210
Check ValveBoomba Check Valve & Sprint Booster50
ExhaustStainless Catless Downpipe250
Total4,458

Attachments

·
Registered
12,728 Posts
I’d just drive the car, the way it is. 500 madness, has a wide range of mods, you can apply to your vehicle. Boris people there, can advise you.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Don't be daft. The car is new to you, get to know it by driving back home before modding it. And if you have to pick just one thing for Abarth, that would be ECU tuning of some sort. Today's turbo-charged engine benefits so so much from well-tuned ECU. But like I said, you really should familiarize yourself with the car first before start slapping parts on it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts