Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
I think they only have an intake out for the European model. As far as I know anyways
I believe he is correct. K & N does not make either for the North American version of the Fiat 500. However, both are available on at 500 Madness. Drop in will work on either manual or automatic transmission. Not sure about the Cold Air Induction Kit. It may only work on the manual transmission. The manufacturer claims their CIA's will result in a horsepower gain of 6. I have used CIA before and they always work better with a set of performance exhausts and a computer chip or a re-flash module if available.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
K&N drop in is officially available. Part number# 33-2471 Installed tonight in 10 minutes seems to help out quit e a bit. Cant wait to see the Cold-air in the works.....
I called my local shops with that number, not in the system yet. I called K&N and they said about $42, is that right? How's the throttle response?

·
Registered
37 Posts
K&n # 33-2471

K&N does make and stock a drop-in airbox filter that fits its K&N part number is 33-2471 I got one for $42 at Autozone it dropped right in and works great. Not to mention it is half the price of the one a 500 madness. I love those guys and I get lots of goodies from them but in this case Autozone and K&N are cheaper.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
K&N does make and stock a drop-in airbox filter that fits its K&N part number is 33-2471 I got one for $42 at Autozone it dropped right in and works great. Not to mention it is half the price of the one a 500 madness. I love those guys and I get lots of goodies from them but in this case Autozone and K&N are cheaper.
Well, K&N direct was $42 plus shipping to Canada for another $15 and a 6 day wait. I ordered locally, $58 and it will be here in 6 days. Same crap.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I called my local shops with that number, not in the system yet. I called K&N and they said about $42, is that right? How's the throttle response?
In regards to the throttle response, The difference is very noticeable. The filter is worth every penny as far as I am concerned.

One thing I will mention is that the mounting bolts for the air box are ghetto. I don't have a lot of experience (Being an old car enthusiast) and maybe you guy's can correct me however, it seems quite odd to have a wood screws fastening the plastic air filter cover. wacky!

·
Registered
707 Posts
nice.. any quick feedback reviews?

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
In regards to the throttle response, The difference is very noticeable. The filter is worth every penny as far as I am concerned.

One thing I will mention is that the mounting bolts for the air box are ghetto. I don't have a lot of experience (Being an old car enthusiast) and maybe you guy's can correct me however, it seems quite odd to have a wood screws fastening the plastic air filter cover. wacky!
Is it noticeable from a start or more noticeable throughout the rpm range? I just hate the response from a stand still. The RRM Ecu controller should be here by Monday which should address a bit of that.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Is it noticeable from a start or more noticeable throughout the rpm range? I just hate the response from a stand still. The RRM Ecu controller should be here by Monday which should address a bit of that.
It's noticeable throughout the rpm range however, It stands out most from a stand still. It doesn't kill that dead spot in first gear by any means however, it's probably the cheapest 'near' solution to that horrible dip.

It's works it's way up into the 5 grand range (in which I don't recall really hitting except in the canyon), and smooth's out the process amazingly well for something as simple as a drop in air filter.

Thumb's up in my book.

P.S. I plan on getting the RRM ECU controller as soon as I come up on the cash myself.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
It's noticeable throughout the rpm range however, It stands out most from a stand still. It doesn't kill that dead spot in first gear by any means however, it's probably the cheapest 'near' solution to that horrible dip.

It's works it's way up into the 5 grand range (in which I don't recall really hitting except in the canyon), and smooth's out the process amazingly well for something as simple as a drop in air filter.

Thumb's up in my book.

P.S. I plan on getting the RRM ECU controller as soon as I come up on the cash myself.
Thanks for the info. I'm going to try these components separately first and assess from there.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts