Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apparently, if you hold the unlock button down for about 10 seconds, it will open the top on the 500C. THe longer you hold it, the further down the top will go. Esp nice when it's 106F outside...like it is right now.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
It would be nice if there were a windows down sunroof open option like this on the hard top.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Oooh, my salesman didn't think it would do that. Can you close it too?

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes, but not from the fob. It has something to do with the rear trunk button and I can't figure it out.

·
Registered
765 Posts
If the roof is all the way down, touching the trunk thingy puts the roof into the open position before the rear window folds down

·
Registered
27 Posts
I am definitely used to opening the sunroof and windows with the key fob on my MINI.
Really wish you could do that on the 500.
Very nice to hear it's possible on the C.
Try to chin/antenna trick to startle passersby; place the key under your chin and press the button from a great distance to open the top and watch the reactions.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I did that today!

I was eating lunch and could see my car in the lot. A couple got out of a Scirocco and started looking around it very closely. Right at the very moment the dude made a motion to the rear of the car to show his GF how far the top goes back...I hit the open button and it opened. They were both startled and I saw him attempt to close it by moving his hand from the back to the front of the car. I almost died.

He came into the same restaurant and I told him I did it. He laughed. He said he thought it was motion sensitive.

Reactions: GotFiat

·
Registered
60 Posts
In my experience, one press of the unlock button unlocks the driver door, then another press unlocks the passenger door, and the third press, when held down, will retract the roof half way (but no further than that). Definitely a nice feature to have on a summer day - lets some of that hot air out before you have to get in!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts