Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I did the standard search and did not see where anyone had a thread going so here goes. I was at the dealer yesterday getting the windows etched which they had forgotten to do which gave me the opportunity to go talk with one of the parts guys. Of course I could not resist buying something so I buy the door sill guards and order my bra which will be in Tuesday. Then I notice in the catalog the Key FOB Covers. Now they have in stock the white set one of which has the 500 on it and the other has a checker flag pattern with something else I do not quite remember. Sorry for being winded in getting to the point... The parts guy and I get a good 20 minute laugh as we each try to get the BOTTOM piece of the cover on. We each tried multiple times till he finally breaks the TAB that goes into the lip at the bottom most point where the key sits when in the closed position.

Has anyone bought a set of these covers? If so, how did you get them on without breaking the cover?

Thanks in advance,
Mark

·
Registered
513 Posts
I've bought a set and have had no issues at all. I actually took my extra key for my FIAT and changed the covers with my wife's FIAT key last night. I even forgot to take out the battery door and still had no issues. Don't know how to explain how I done it but it took 2 minutes.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
453 Posts
No problem here. I almost wonder if you tried cramming it on over the original cover. The part that threw me off when I first tried was that I had to take it off my keyring so that I could get the bottom part off over the metal that the ring goes through. With the original cover off, it was easy to put back on. In my case, I had painted it yellow to match my car. It's beyond me why they don't sell covers to match all those car colors, but oh well.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I bought a set of those and I just snapped off the black ones and popped on my news ones without much resistance. There's no real trick to it.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
I got a set also: the ones with the Checkered Flag motif on one and the other is White w/Red and 500 on it.

I just used the top of the cover and left rest of the cover 'black'. kind of pricey but I like the looks! :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts