Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy

We just purchase a nearly perfect low mileage 500C to replace one lost in a crash two years ago.
the Original owners had lost one of the keys/FOB. What options to gain another.

Can my FOB from earlier 500C be re programed ?

David

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
The easiest thing to do is get a new one at the dealer. Sometimes locksmiths can make a new one but it can be hit or miss. It's going to be expensive but the path of least resistance is get it at the dealer.

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
From your vin number, a locksmith can program a new key fob.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just went through all that , dealer wanted 300.00 and no guarantee when new key would arrive. They come precut via VN#, Instead I went to locksmith, had my remote cloned and now have spare key without remote, It will open & lock doors manually and start vehicle. Total cost 55.00 and no waiting, did it on the spot.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I just went through all that , dealer wanted 300.00 and no guarantee when new key would arrive. They come precut via VN#, Instead I went to locksmith, had my remote cloned and now have spare key without remote, It will open & lock doors manually and start vehicle. Total cost 55.00 and no waiting, did it on the spot.
That is great as long as you're not concerned about being able to set the alarm. But if you set the alarm with the factory key and lose it, and try to open it with the new key, you will send the BCM into Lockdown Mode. and your backup key will not be able to take it out of lockdown (because it cant disarm the alarm) Aka turning your car to a paper weight unless the BCM is replaced and new keys are made at dealership. This happened to me and it sucked. I have a write up on another post All about it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts