Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay.
It makes knocking noise when turning both left and right? Is the noise like suspension clunking or does it sound like something is hitting?
More like suspension clunking. Not sure if it's when turning left or right. I think it's both. It makes the noise when turning into driveways and the car is on an angle.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
No, no ring to it. A spare tire kit? Do you mean the inflator pump?
No, the spare tire - the spare on our car mounts on the outside, under the trunk floor. Was just curious if by off chance if you had it. No ring it, and no spare, so that kind of nullify the possibility of something just banging around or broken spring. I wonder what could clunk back there other the shock and spring. Do you think you could take a picture of the area that you suspect?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No, the spare tire - the spare on our car mounts on the outside, under the trunk floor. Was just curious if by off chance if you had it. No ring it, and no spare, so that kind of nullify the possibility of something just banging around or broken spring. I wonder what could clunk back there other the shock and spring. Do you think you could take a picture of the area that you suspect?

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
From your description, I'm with smark on this. Or the rear subframe bushing? If you can post the sound, maybe we can give you a better idea. Maybe... There are only so many moving things back there, and only a couple of things that could make noise that you describe.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
From your description, I'm with smark on this. Or the rear subframe bushing? If you can post the sound, maybe we can give you a better idea. Maybe... There are only so many moving things back there, and only a couple of things that could make noise that you describe.
If it is a bushing, is it expensive to replace? Can you replace the bushing or do you have to replace the whole axle?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts