Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Fiat 500e La Prima, 2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the display selecting Vehicle, normally brings up Electric Vehicle left, Controls centre and Settings right.

Since yesterday, Controls has appeared on the left and Settings right with Electric Vehicle missing.

First significant problem I've had in a year of ownership.

I tried a settings reset without benefit.

I've yet to try Factory Reset or disconnection of the 12V battery, which some recommend. Nor have I found time to ring the dealer.

Anyone else had this?

·
Registered
127 Posts
On the display selecting Vehicle, normally brings up Electric Vehicle left, Controls centre and Settings right.

Since yesterday, Controls has appeared on the left and Settings right with Electric Vehicle missing.

I've yet to try Factory Reset or disconnection of the 12V battery, which some recommend. Nor have I found time to ring the dealer.

Anyone else had this?
No, but. Early days for me but did wonder if there was an update the night before you noticed this as when started the car nav showed a TomTom boot screen I hadn't seen before. I'll try and look for the changes you mention later.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, but. Early days for me but did wonder if there was an update the night before you noticed this as when started the car nav showed a TomTom boot screen I hadn't seen before. I'll try and look for the changes you mention later.
I haven't noticed any updates, but as my problem only started yesterday and is now frequent, something must have changed.
Email to Customer Care is my next step.

·
Registered
500E Cabrio laPrima 2022
14 Posts

Anyone else had this?
Yes! I have exactly the same… i got my 500E just a few days ago (may 31)
when going over the settings i did see the “Ev tab/option” in the vehicle menu but all of a sudden it disapeared. Also the “EV Apps” are gone. So when adding a page to the home menu im not able to seelct any of the two EV pages neither anymore..
i did a factory reset of the system and added a new profile bit still not there..

·
Registered
2022 Fiat 500 BEV La Prima
2 Posts
It’s the same for me! I’ve just picked up my 500E, plugged it in to a wall socket and it was charging very slowly. I went through all the menus looking for a way to change the charging speed but to no avail. Finally, I made a reset to factory settings. At first nothing changed, but a minute or two later some apps - like the eco driving score - started reappearing. A couple minutes later my Electric Vehicle tab and EV Pages icon were back! I could set the charging level to 5 and it worked flawlessly reducing the expected charge time by half. When I went for a drive everything seemed fine, but when I got back home the electric vehicle tab disappeared the second I plugged the car in! Which is well, very unfortunate as the charging speed was reduced again. So there I went for another factory reset. After a couple minutes of waiting the EV Pages were back and I could set the charge limit. It’s worked like that every single time now - having to reset the car each time to make it charge with the advertised speed seems waaay overkill!

·
Registered
500E Cabrio laPrima 2022
14 Posts
It’s the same for me! I’ve just picked up my 500E, plugged it in to a wall socket and it was charging very slowly. I went through all the menus looking for a way to change the charging speed but to no avail. Finally, I made a reset to factory settings. At first nothing changed, but a minute or two later some apps - like the eco driving score - started reappearing. A couple minutes later my Electric Vehicle tab and EV Pages icon were back! I could set the charging level to 5 and it worked flawlessly reducing the expected charge time by half. When I went for a drive everything seemed fine, but when I got back home the electric vehicle tab disappeared the second I plugged the car in! Which is well, very unfortunate as the charging speed was reduced again. So there I went for another factory reset. After a couple minutes of waiting the EV Pages were back and I could set the charge limit. It’s worked like that every single time now - having to reset the car each time to make it charge with the advertised speed seems waaay overkill!
Hmm… I did not check the charging speed, but seems to be very wrong… i will reach out to the dealer to habe this checked are you also in contact with them about this?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm finding that the EV page selection comes and goes. It's generally available when I first use the car in the morning, but often has gone soon after. It is not a matter of it being available when the car is first switched on, as shutting the car down and switching the car back on doesn't get it to return.
This must be a recent software update as it has only started affecting my year old La Prima in the last 2 weeks. I await a reply to my email to customer care.

·
Registered
2022 Fiat 500 BEV La Prima
2 Posts
I’ll give them a call on Monday - I have just picked up the car on Friday, so by the time I realized that this issue exists they were closed. So yeah, not a great start! But otherwise - it’s a fun little car!

·
Registered
500E Cabrio laPrima 2022
14 Posts
Maybe it is a bug in the latest software… mine is also just a week old and i noticed this a few days ago. I agree it is an excellent car and value for money but this is a bit annoying. I am also waiting for a reaction by Fiat and will contact the dealer about this next week.

·
Registered
500E Cabrio laPrima 2022
14 Posts
it is even stranger… today i tried creating a new user/driver profile. And, yes the EV page is there and available! Switching back to the previous profile and it is gone… 😳

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Interesting, I've not set up any profile on my La Prima yet, there being only a sole driver.

Are you consistently getting the EV page displayed in J but not in H, @Jeroem?

·
Registered
7 Posts
This issue of the missing EV pages is something that happened on early cars back in 2021, and was resolved by a software update. So it looks like FIAT have re-introduced an old bug. Here's a screenshot from when I first got my 500e in May 2021.
Gadget Font Display device Electric blue Technology

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I got mine at the end of April 21 and never had the problem until the last 2 weeks. It does seem that FIAT have a software configuration control problem,
Customer Care are yet to acknowledge my email. I'll leave it a week or so and phone them perhaps.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
News! I have just got an email acknowledging my two emails to Customer Care.
Nothing more than:
"We have have submitted your feedback regarding the Fiat 500e maps, and Electric vehicle page, to our internal support team. We will monitor their feedback and provide you with further response in the coming days."
so far.

I'm not holding my breath.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Surprise!

A prompt reply from Customer Care:

"EV pages: we had issues during last weeks which now should be solved"

When I drove the car around mid afternoon today, the EV page was still not accessible. However, I had switched off the car's WiFi connection to prevent any further unwanted updates. I'll reconnect the car to my WiFi network and see if the problem solves itself over the next couple of days.

·
Registered
500E Cabrio laPrima 2022
14 Posts
Surprise!

A prompt reply from Customer Care:

"EV pages: we had issues during last weeks which now should be solved"

When I drove the car around mid afternoon today, the EV page was still not accessible. However, I had switched off the car's WiFi connection to prevent any further unwanted updates. I'll reconnect the car to my WiFi network and see if the problem solves itself over the next couple of days.
Aha, please keep me posted... Also let me know what version you are running (now and later this week when the possible update has been installed) ;-)

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The EV pages are still intermittently not accessible for me. I've emailed Customer Care that the problem is not yet solved.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts