Fiat 500 Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
500E Cabrio laPrima 2022
14 Posts
I spoke to the dealer and have made an appointment for August 1st by then there should be a fix or update that they will install if needed and available.
SO it looks like they are aware of the issue....

·
Registered
2021 Fiat 500e La Prima, 2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 · (Edited)
Just had a call from 'George' in Fiat Customer Care in Italy. They are still looking into my problem and don't have an answer yet.

I mentioned Recall 6475 and asked if that might provide a solution. George confirmed that recall does apply to my car, but he couldn't say whether it includes a fix for the EV controls invisibility issue.

Recall 6475, which installs FCA-MY21.R17.101-PROD, was first mentioned by @tarbat in a post in another thread, I've yet to be notified of the recall by my dealer or by Fiat UK. I've booked the car in for the software update in the first week of August.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I've had the car back for a week after recovery for its 12v battery being flat.
Recall 6475 was done and the EV page is now always present.

·
Registered
3 Posts
We now have this issue as of today in our Icon.

We went to charge at a Tesco, but were unable to turn off the overnight schedule to invoke charging because the "Electric Vehicle" menu has disappeared. Turning off the schedule in the app had no effect. So, in order to get enough power in the battery to get home, I had to stay with the car unlocked.. I called Fiat (who answered on a Sunday to their credit) but they offered no advice and said they were unaware of this issue.

Reading upthread, someone suggest creating a new profile as a fix. How do I do that – we only have an option for one?

Failing that, do you simply have to wait for this issue to sort itself out...?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
We now have this issue as of today in our Icon.

We went to charge at a Tesco, but were unable to turn off the overnight schedule to invoke charging because the "Electric Vehicle" menu has disappeared. Turning off the schedule in the app had no effect. So, in order to get enough power in the battery to get home, I had to stay with the car unlocked.. I called Fiat (who answered on a Sunday to their credit) but they offered no advice and said they were unaware of this issue.

Reading upthread, someone suggest creating a new profile as a fix. How do I do that – we only have an option for one?

Failing that, do you simply have to wait for this issue to sort itself out...?
See post #23. I've had no recurrence since I got software update of recall 6475. Fortunately, in my case I was never unable to charge the car, probably because I never set a schedule in my car preferring to use instead the schedule of my home charger which I can control from the app on my iPhone.
The EV page will return in its own good time, but may not stay for long.
Fiat are aware of this issue because I logged it with them and I reported I've had no recurrence since the update of recall 6475.

·
Registered
3 Posts
See pages 207/208 in the manual
Thanks! However, we tried it but it didn't work.

See post #23. I've had no recurrence since I got software update of recall 6475
Thanks for the info! Overnight, and since trying the suggestion above, the "Electric Vehicle" option has now somehow reappeared thankfully. We've had the car from new and didn't get contacted about a recall, but I will get in touch with the dealer to find out more about this and see if we can get the update to stop it happening again. The software is currently on build number FCA-MY21.R17P.2-PROD.

Cheers!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I didn't get contacted about the recall either despite the fact that I got the car new in April '21. When I contacted Fiat Customer Care and my dealer both confirmed my car needed Recall 6475.
The software build number you quote is just the uconnect software version. The recall updates other software as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Fiat called this morning from Milan (which was quite exciting). Their advice, should it happen again, is to move the car to somewhere with good internet and then reset everything to factory settings. I said I would be reluctant to do that, but it seems that is the official line regarding the issue.

·
Registered
Fiat 500e La Prima
16 Posts
Fiat called this morning from Milan (which was quite exciting). Their advice, should it happen again, is to move the car to somewhere with good internet and then reset everything to factory settings. I said I would be reluctant to do that, but it seems that is the official line regarding the issue.
Got that same advice early this year when I had the same problem. Remark that what they mean with good internet is actually good 4G internet access. It did solve the issue in my case and it never came back ... I have not got any update since delivery in Feb 22.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
In the first year of ownership of my La Prima, I never had the problems of the EV Controls being invisible.
From late May until I had the updates of Recall 6475 done in late July, the controls were often, but not always invisible. Since the recall update, the problem has not recurred.
My suspicion has always been that an OTA update corrupted some of the car's software. It is unfortunate that Fiat's current recommended 'fix' is to do a factory reset with all the inconvenience that entails.
One hopes that they would have included parity checks/checksums etc in the OTA process which protected against corruption. Perhaps recall 6475 might include such measures and those of us who have had Recall 6475 done won't ever have the problem again.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts