Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a pic of the new eyes I'll be putting in Lacey as soon as I get them back and have the time!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah Halos and blacked out housings. Don't know what happened to the picture.... was there at home but not on my work computer... actually a bunch of errors are on the page....

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok the pic shows up on my tablet... will have more pics once they are installed!!!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Nice job on the work (I can see the pic) the joey mod (black out) looks nice but the angel eyes are not really my thing, but look forward to seeing the final product installed and working.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wish I could take the credit for the work but I owe it to Advanced Automotive Concepts. I sent them a set of headlights to design the Fiat halos with and had them black them out while they were open. Check their site out www.aacstyle.com

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Don't know pricing yet.... it will probably be next month before they are posted up. My headlights were just finished on Friday.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Oh yes... yes yes yes. You better post pics Tim. As they say... pics or it didn't happen! :D

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Oh you know I will!!

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
Ok, PLEASE make sure you tell me about cost as today I was driving along and a Chevrolet Avalanche ran over a large street sign which kicked up and of course we had a VERY windy day, well I had three choices, smash a concrete barrier, run another car off the road and smash the passenger side in the event he did not move out of my way or slam the brakes and try to hit a large flying sheet of steel at something less than 60MPH. I chose the last option and now my only a few months old 500 has a very scratched head light, fog light, front bumper and driver side fender. Seems a perfect time to consider new lights although I do think with some very fine grit sand paper and patience the lights can be made to look like new again, some of the smaller scratches are likely to buff out but paintwork is required as it removed paint down to and I think into the black bumper underneath. Thanks.

·
Registered
53 Posts
hmmm, a little pricey

I called them yesterday and they quoted me about $469 to install the hids and black out the housings. That included shipping, but not the cost of the OEM headlights which you have to supply. They are running about 8 days to return back to you at the moment. They will supply just the HID/Halo portion for $159 and you do the installation. I believe that means you have to bake your lights and separate the lens from the housing. For me, that is a recipe for disaster. I am concerned about melting the assembly or having a bad seal which will let condensation in and fog the lights after a rain. I will have to save my money now for yet another conversion. I really like the way this looks and eventually will do it.

Arman

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I purchased a second set of headlights for the install... I had them in my Dodge Magnum and the install was actually really easy.... you just need to get over the fact you are baking your headlight in the oven.... once you get over that it's pretty simple. You only bake them at like 280 for about 20 mins MAX at a time.... don't know how hard the FIAT lights are but my Magnum ones I had to put in about 5 times till they opened all the way because the sealant they used on those cooled to a rock about 2 mins after taking them out.... The first time I ever did it on my Magnum I had a bad seal... but just ran some clear aquarium sealant around the seal and that took care of it!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Great stuff man... can't wait to see the pics!

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.