Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone had asked about having the ability to open or close your windows/sunroof (and possibly the roof on the 500c as well). I have the Mods4Cars module in my Mercedes C Class, and really like it; controls the windows and sunroof by pressing the OEM key, and it's been on many SLKs as well.

So, I emailed the company, and they would be interested in borrowing someone in the Vegas area's car for a couple of days to see if a module is possiblle. I won't speak for them, but there may be some benefit to the person who volunteers.

Sven's contact information is below, in case anyone is interested. I'll also post the information that he had provided me.

And I am not affiliated with them at all, so I have no dog in this hunt; I'm just a satisified customer. Good luck!

Sven's response to my inquiry:

"Hi Tom,

we are located in Las Vegas. We would need the car for a few days in the
first run and afterwards another night or so.

Could you please ask around if there is any interest? We haven't
received any inquiries for the 500 so far."

Contact information:
Sven Tornow

Twitter: http://twitter.com/mods4cars
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/mods4cars
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/mods4cars

Hotline: +1-310-9109055 / Direct: ext. 202
Hotline: +49-30-868705541 / Direct: ext. 202

·
Registered
707 Posts
bummer... I would do it if I lived closer to LV... They do make great modules. I had one for my BMW 335i coupe. but then my buddy opened up a shop and bought the computer that allowed him to do factory configurations through the on board system computer and that module was later sold.. great stuff from Mod4Cars though

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My guess would be that they couldn't do remote start, but you never know.

I just hope that someone does this. It really has been a lifesaver on hot days to get the uber-hot air out of the car from across the parking lot.

I also want any kinks worked out before I buy my Abarth. :p

·
Registered
707 Posts
only if the 500's had motorized folding mirrors. I missed that from my BMW's with the remote activated buttons

·
Registered
707 Posts
Have this feature on my 2011 Cadillac SRX. Never use it. Don't know why I would need it on my Fiat 500.
although our 500's are narrow and compact, when you park in a parking lot and have people walking through cars, some of them tend to knock or bump into your mirrors. so to have them fold without manually folding them would be great.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Unfortunately, with Americans being so fat, I guess that even on such a narrow car, I could see that happening.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Returning this tread from the dead and hoping it stays on track this time.;)

I have also even contacted mods4cars to see if they have their smarttop controller for the Fiat to be able to completely open and close the top and windows with the remote and they mentioned they needed to look at a 500c in Las Vegas like the OP mentioned. It would be great if anyone around LV with a cabrio would stop by to see what's involved and report back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8TX8yQA-cQ

Detailed function description (* = Factory setting)
Function 1 - Main Switch - Workshop and Diagnostics ( 0=OFF / *1=ON )
The module can quickly and easily be enabled and disabled using this function. It acts like a master switch. When disabled, the module becomes completely inactive and behaves as if it was not installed.
Setting 0 disables the entire module while keeping all other function settings intact. This allows turning the module off and back on without the need to reconfigure all of the other user configurable settings.

IMPORTANT: In order to avoid problems with diagnostic tools and to avoid confusion or injury by unexpected top movement, we urge you to ALWAYS DISABLE the module before taking the car to a shop or lending it to a third person! If problems with the top arise while the module is installed, ALWAYS contact Mods4Cars first at www.mods4cars.com. NEVER take the car to a dealer without getting support first!

Function 2 - One-Touch for the soft-top switch ( 0=OFF / *1=ON / 2=EXTENDED[!] )
When enabled, the center console switch operation is enhanced as follows:Holding down the switch in either direction will operate the top as long as the switch is held.
Tap open to open the top and roll the windows up.
Tap open twice to only open the top.
Tap close to close the top and windows.
Tap close twice to only close the top.
Tap in any direction at any time for emergency stop.

When set to EXTENDED mode, it is possible to turn the ignition off and pull the key out, while the top operation continues.
Please use with extra caution to avoid injury by moving top parts!

Function 3 - Remote Control ( 0=OFF / *1=ON / 2=EXTENDED[!] )
This function allows roof operation with the original remote fob using the "UNLOCK" or "LOCK" button on the remote. Once started, the roof will complete the cycle automatically. Tapping any button on the remote will interrupt the operation immediately.
Full overview of all modes of remote operation:
Tap unlock 3x to open the top and roll the windows up.
Tap unlock 4x to only open the top.
Tap lock 3x to close the top and roll the windows up.
Tap lock 4x to only close the top.

When set to EXTENDED mode, it is possible to turn the ignition on and start the engine, while the roof operation continues.
Please use with extra caution to avoid injury by moving top parts!

·
Registered
45 Posts
This would be really useful for the 500 - specially for a convertible. I have the remoteKEY comfort control module for my M3 and it works really well. I'm pretty sure that a module for our 500 would work just as cool. They offer a module for Alfas and Ferraris - Fiat is the not so distant cousin. :)

·
Registered
513 Posts
If you hold down the unlock button on the convertible it opens the top
I don't know if you actually own a convertible (doesn't show on your signature) but your statement is not entirely true. It only opens halfway. The smarttop would allow it to open completely, close and control the windows with the remote, plus allow it to close with the ignition in the key off position from the inside, none of which it does now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts