Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow guys that's pretty quick!!!! My dealer initially stated it could take up to 4 months!!!! However, when I got him to check system it had moved up quite a bit .... I think it is now at 16 on the Fiat system.....the next stage will be 20 which is immanent assembly....

·
Registered
50 Posts
Bit disappointed ordered my now 5 weeks ago - still stuck at stage 16 - this is the phase just prior to 20 scheduled for production................will keep you guys posted....I think it could take 3 months for it to arrive....:(

·
Registered
15 Posts
We ordered an Icon (upgraded to La Prima in all respects except the paint finish) on October 11th 2021. We were given a date to expect it in January. It arrived at Portbury Dock on the 2nd of March. It was slated for a load that week but did not get to the dealer in Wincanton till April 12. It took till this Tuesday (April 19) to get it out of transport mode (!) and it was finally delivered yesterday (April 21 2022). So it took a total of over six months. This is pretty disgraceful. I ordered a Tesla Model Y in January - I had it by the end of February. But Audi is even worse. I was considering a Q4 e-tron until I was told the lead times were almost one year!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Wow ... I was warned it could take up to 4 months .......... but I was encouraged by the progression to stage 16 within 2 weeks..... stage 20 is build schedule immanent..............oh well time will tell. Enjoy your new Fiat...let us know how you get on.....

·
Registered
30 Posts
Latest update from my dealer yesterday, 21 April 2022:-

Sadly the vehicle is still showing transit/docks, having spoken to vehicle supply they are having major issues with the unloading and paperwork
They cant give any dates when expected to be with us until finally loaded onto a vehicle
We currently have 26 vehicles like your one suffering with delays.”

I am disappointed with passive acceptance of this situation by the dealer. If someone was sitting on my goods worth ~£900,000 I would be chasing up the shipper, HM Customs or whoever was causing the backlog on a daily basis. I’d also be going public and naming those responsible. Or am I overreacting?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Latest update from my dealer yesterday, 21 April 2022:-

Sadly the vehicle is still showing transit/docks, having spoken to vehicle supply they are having major issues with the unloading and paperwork
They cant give any dates when expected to be with us until finally loaded onto a vehicle
We currently have 26 vehicles like your one suffering with delays.”

I am disappointed with passive acceptance of this situation by the dealer. If someone was sitting on my goods worth ~£900,000 I would be chasing up the shipper, HM Customs or whoever was causing the backlog on a daily basis. I’d also be going public and naming those responsible. Or am I overreacting?
There is absolutely no excuse for it. Despite using a local dealer for local people 😉, I was repeatedly told "There's nothing for you here" for almost six weeks.

·
Registered
2021 Fiat 500e La Prima, 2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
247 Posts
We ordered an Icon (upgraded to La Prima in all respects except the paint finish) on October 11th 2021. We were given a date to expect it in January. It arrived at Portbury Dock on the 2nd of March. It was slated for a load that week but did not get to the dealer in Wincanton till April 12. It took till this Tuesday (April 19) to get it out of transport mode (!) and it was finally delivered yesterday (April 21 2022). So it took a total of over six months. This is pretty disgraceful. I ordered a Tesla Model Y in January - I had it by the end of February. But Audi is even worse. I was considering a Q4 e-tron until I was told the lead times were almost one year!
Prior to BREXIT and the pandemic, it took 5 weeks to get my Alfa Giulia from the Italian factory through Portbury and to be ready for collection from the Swindon dealer. It did however take them 5 months to build the car from date of order.
Things are bad at the moment, but delays are understandable if not excusable. Apparently FCA cars have quite a few components normally made in Ukraine so things may get worse before they get better.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Still no news :-( ................ I was only thinking the other day it would be nice if you could have a video of your actual car being built............ the technology to do that can't be that difficult........and its something I am sure customers would pay for??

1 - 20 of 78 Posts