Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Leather for me. Love the smell of leather and its easy to keep clean. Cloth tends to smell like a$$ after a while.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Health reasons. I have a rare and painful medical condition that makes it almost impossible for me to drive wearing pants. Leather certainly gets hot in the summer time but after a few minutes that goes away. The initial burn is far better than the cloth seats giving me severe irritation with no relief.

Don't worry. I have dark tinted windows.

Reactions: yukoncornelius

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
illegal to tint windshield in VA.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Although I would like the feel and smell of the leather seats, I'm going with the cloth due to the continuity of the vertical red stripe down the seats on both the front and the rear seats, which flows very well with the red/black theme of the Abarth. The front and rear seats on the leather don't seem to match-up as well (red front, black rear). It would be nice, if the rear seats on the red leather were black with red leather accents, and not totally black with red stitching. It also would have been nice to have the red stripe on the black leather continue to the rear seats like the cloth seats.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have the cloth but will be putting in some custom inserts in all my seats in the coming weeks. I poured through all sorts of vinyls, suedes, and all the crazy croc and ostrich and leatherette stuffs that fit my budget on the project. After a lot of time I finally found one thing that matched the colors I was looking for and that was naugahide. I know that it won't last as long as some other options (I'm fairly easy on seats so I'm hoping 5-8 good years before I must consider a change) but it's just right for me. Also, I got a great giggle and a nostalgic vibe from it, me being a child of the 60s/70s and all. Naugahide! **** yeah. :D

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Leather, love the smell and I hear the cloth seats stain with water.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
leather - didn't like the fabric available in the Pop, didn't want the auto in the Lounge so after market (but OEM supplier) leather seats installed 'by the dealer' - see the youtube link :)

·
Registered
582 Posts
Went all black leather seats because I like how the red stitching matches that on the dash, wheel and shift knob. Initially I was thinking red and black leather but I didn't like the white stitching and when I saw the red in real life I was disappointed it wasn't a deeper red. Sorta seems to edge towards the pink side.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
Went all black leather seats because I like how the red stitching matches that on the dash, wheel and shift knob. Initially I was thinking red and black leather but I didn't like the white stitching and when I saw the red in real life I was disappointed it wasn't a deeper red. Sorta seems to edge towards the pink side.
Give it some time exposed to the sun, it'll surely become more pink/less red with time.

·
Registered
13,454 Posts
Heated leather. I know in the long term, like the many other cars I've had in the past. They will crack over time. Can't beat leather.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Fabric. Fabric is cool during the summer and warm during the winter. My sport seats have sort of the best of both worlds. Little leather (pleather) and a little fabric. The important part of the seat where my butt lands is fabric.

Leather is offensivly skin burning hot during the summer months and if your wearing shorts good luck sitting on it. Hot is hot and tint does not help. Winter months you freeze especialy if you don't have heated seats, not avaliable in the sport btw.

Leather accenting okay. Full leather seats bad. Infact I'm looking into neopreme seat covers for more breathability, comfort, and are easy to clean.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I saw all three interiors at the auto show. Cloth was ruled out immediately. I just didn't like the actual fabric at all. Next, the red leather in the display car was already worn-looking (it looked like the finish was coming off). Plus, I dislike the fact that the rear seats are black even when you order the red interior. I also didn't particularly care for the white contrast on the red seats. I went with black leather. I have another car with black leather and red stitching, so I like that my Abarth will match his big brother.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I myself ordered cloth. I hate leather seats. To slippery and sweaty. I have them in another car and if I could get rid of them without spending a lot of money I would do it in a heartbeat.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts