Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to change to LED's for the side lights that are on the fenders. Not talking about the ones that are part of the turn signals. The ones that look light reflectors that are down low near the wheel wells. Problem is I cannot figure out how to get them off. There is not access from inside the wheel wells. The owners manual says to "prise" them off which means to apply leverage. But I am afraid of they come off from the outside using something to pop them out might damage the paint. Maybe someone from Europe has done this and can advise.

thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
aint it...kinda like saying "push"...no specifics, just push...lol...

is there no way to get the inner fender well out of the way enough to acually get to the back of them?...

·
Registered
1 Posts
there is access to them, remove 3 screws to loosen inner plastic fender, pull back...two pathetic 10 mm 'nuts' are unscrewable from plastic prongs on back of the units, then they unclip from one center region, too. the harness disconnects pretty standardly. I bet those 10 mm nuts can only go back on/off a few times before they tear up the plastic posts too much to hold any more. BTW, I replaced these myself last night, with 5x LEDs for each side marker, but they do not light at all! Hhmmm - voltage problems, I expect.

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts