Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a bunch of searching and came to the conclusion that Lasfit LEDs were the ones to try.

And so far so good!

9012 Headlights
(Link) LA9012

Its a bit of a tight fit on the passenger side, I recommend taking the bolt out of one of the reservoirs so you can get the headlight cover back on.

Other than that, the wiring just needs to be tucked around the top of where the bulb sits and its done.

Very bright, good beam pattern.

Reverse Lights (Link) L-T15

install exactly like replacement Halogens... No errors, Extremely Bright

Trunk Light (Link) L-T10

This was a test because I wanted to see if these Canbus ready bulbs would actually work on the car. The t10 size is used in a number of places.

Its a bit thick compared to the stock bulb, so it has some issues fitting in the bulb socket. But there is enough flexibility to pry some extra space out of the bulb socket. I'd expect the same issue with the socket on the side markers, and turn signals.

Hope this helps some looking for LED replacements.

i'm going to try out some others as soon as i can. Fogs, interior bulbs, and some side markers.

·
Registered
36 Posts
How long have you had the headlamp bulbs in the car? Have they had any heat issues? Melting lens? Flickering? People flashing you for too bright lights? Check lights on dashboard?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I love this post; I’ve been thinking about what it would take to convert every bulb on the car to LED.

Do you have any exterior pics of the LED headlights to see the light pattern/output?

Would be neat to continue this post and aggregate data about converting all lights.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How long have you had the headlamp bulbs in the car? Have they had any heat issues? Melting lens? Flickering? People flashing you for too bright lights? Check lights on dashboard?
A week on the headlights, driven everyday
No check lights.
No flickering.
No heat issues, I would suspect they run at cooler temps than the halogens. Most LEDs tend to.
As for flashing from other drivers, none. I don't think that would happen with these unless I popped on the brights.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Don't have any pics at the moment, the weather has been hit or miss since i installed them.

I'll continue to update with the other Canbus ready lights, as that the only type I'm going to attempt.
I've ordered Lasfits front turn single LEDs and dome lights.

I'm having a little trouble tracking down the Daytime running light bulb in LED that's canbus ready. Fiat used an odd size(7443), nearly all the canbus ready ones are either amber colored or a turn signal switchback.

Reactions: bsedwebt

·
Registered
36 Posts
Based on your post I have ordered the same headlamp bulbs. I await your further postings to upgrade the other bulbs. Thank you so much for posting!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'll be interested in your experience with the dome lights. I bought some Canbus LEDs for the domes (Phillips I think), and when the car is on, those lights are also on...but very dim. They come on nice a bright when switched on, or the door is open, and the little light they produce driving down the road hasn't been a bother, but would still be nice to find a set that doesn't do that.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll be interested in your experience with the dome lights. I bought some Canbus LEDs for the domes (Phillips I think), and when the car is on, those lights are also on...but very dim. They come on nice a bright when switched on, or the door is open, and the little light they produce driving down the road hasn't been a bother, but would still be nice to find a set that doesn't do that.
I just installed the Dome lights, went with Lasfits again(link) 36mm which is the OEM size.

I noticed some LED Companies spec 39mm for the Fiat, no idea why. Either should fit, 39mm would be just a tighter fit.

They are very bright, which is a huge improvement over the stock bulbs. It may be too bright, I'm going to move mess direction of the leds and see if that helps. You can definitely see everything in the cabin now.

As for your concerns about dimming or slightly staying on. These worked exactly like the stock halogens. No errors either.
I've had issues with Phillips leds on other vehicles too.

Couple pics
20190119_215317.jpg 20190119_215338.jpg

·
Registered
2013 FIAT 500e
2,239 Posts
I thought LEDs took less power than halogen, so I'm surprised to see the Lasfit LED spec of 72W, which is more than the stock 55W halogens.

The stock fuses are each 7.5A x 12V = 90W so I guess that won't matter, & the extra 0.034kW won't affect range much.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I've put LEDs in my 2012 Lounge inside in some places. I bought them from a reputable shop which I had purchased from before for other vehicular applications.

They caused nothing but problems that eventually led to a shorted out BCM. The canbus system that these cars use is very delicately balanced.

My advice: stick with stock bulbs and save your time, money and your car's electrical system.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
36W each LED bulb, 72W combined. Check Lastfit's website. If it were actually 72W each side, you'd have to worry about upgrading the wiring harness.
Yup its 36W each bulb. Their amazon descriptions could use some work. Lasfit does make some higher powered bulbs, but I don't believe in the 9012 fitment. Now the H11 fogs they have come in a 3 or 4 different wattages.

As for reliability. I've made an effort to leave the lights on as much as possible, to see if any issue arises. So far not a single issue.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I bought and installed the 9012 headlights and love the crisp bright light. No issues with other drivers flashing me, and so far, visibility is definitely improved. Haven't had rain since I installed them, so that will be the bigger test. One odd thing did happen both times I started the car, the fans on the LEDs came on really loud and after about 10-15 seconds, started to slow and quiet down until I couldn't hear them any more. Anyone else have this happen? I'm not really worried since I felt the headlight housing front and back and feel little to no heat.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Anyone have these 9012 LED headlights installed for a long time? Any issues? Please keep posting updates, I'd like a bit more longevity feedback before I install them. This sounds like a useful improvement to the car.

·
Registered
2013 FIAT 500e
2,239 Posts
Yes, please keep us updated. My 2013 bulbs both already needed replacement, so I expect to need more relatively soon.

Also: Thanks for correcting me with their lower wattage

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'll try to remember to come back and update. So far, the light from them is awesome and a huge improvement over the halogens that it had. I had originally ordered the HID kit from 500Madness, but apparently the company that made the custom ballast it used has gone under, so the kit is no longer available. Of course, those were $249 as opposed to the $50 for this LED kit.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I've had HID installed on the Fiat, but I tried LED bulbs for my wife's Cadillac and they were almost same as the halogens that I took out. I then installed HID kit from innovited and instantly saw improvements

1 - 20 of 62 Posts