Fiat 500 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
So I'm still having issues with the brake lights on my 500e. Can't seem to find any that will light with the parking lights. Brake? Fine. Parking light - no go and bulb out error. As soon as I put in the incandescent, everything works just fine. I'm pretty close to giving up...
Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
FiatCares

·
Registered
5 Posts
brand called Lasfit
I made this list maybe it might help someone:

Fiat 500e exterior bulb list:
Headlight #9012
Fog light #H11
Reverse light #921
Side market F or R #2821 (194,168 equivalent)
Rear turn signal #7507
Front turn signal #7440A
Parking light #7440
Third brake #2825 (some model already Oem led my 2017 was)
Brake light #7528 (1157 equivalent)
DRL #7443
Which Lasfit bulb did you use for the DRL? I only see the reverse backup LED for 7443. Also, did you need a CANBUS bulb for any of your front LEDs?

·
Registered
2017 Fiat 500e (Billet Argento), 2015 VW Golf Sportwagen TSI 5MT (Tungsten Silver), 2002 Honda VFR
719 Posts
Which Lasfit bulb did you use for the DRL? I only see the reverse backup LED for 7443. Also, did you need a CANBUS bulb for any of your front LEDs?
I left the DRL alone as I have it disabled anyway. A lot of people say there isn’t a easy way to modify it without making the canbus go crazy. Actually my headlights and fogs aren’t canbus units at all but they work and no errors. Front and rear Side markers are all “canbus” compatible bulbs from lastfit. Reverse also lastfit very very bright white. Way more visible then the incandescent ones. I think the side marker bulbs are very sensitive if you buy cheap ones they have something called current leakage and sometimes stay on even after you turned off the lights and sometimes they’re really cheap bulbs don’t even turn on at all even when they’re plugged in because there isn’t enough resistance.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I left the DRL alone as I have it disabled anyway. A lot of people say there isn’t a easy way to modify it without making the canbus go crazy. Actually my headlights and fogs aren’t canbus units at all but they work and no errors. Front and rear Side markers are all “canbus” compatible bulbs from lastfit. Reverse also lastfit very very bright white. Way more visible then the incandescent ones. I think the side marker bulbs are very sensitive if you buy cheap ones they have something called current leakage and sometimes stay on even after you turned off the lights and sometimes they’re really cheap bulbs don’t even turn on at all even when they’re plugged in because there isn’t enough resistance.
I got Lasfit's LED headlights, reverse and rear turn signal lights installs and they are nice and bright! I just have issues with the rear brake light LEDS and I think I bought the wrong ones because they turn on with the headlights but dont intensify when I press on the brake pedal. Which bulb did you get for your brake lights? Was it this one: 1157 2057 2357 7538 LED Brake Tail Stop Parking Light Bulb | Brilliant Red

If so, did you have any errors since it's not a CANBUS ready bulb?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I got Lasfit's LED headlights, reverse and rear turn signal lights installs and they are nice and bright! I just have issues with the rear brake light LEDS and I think I bought the wrong ones because they turn on with the headlights but dont intensify when I press on the brake pedal. Which bulb did you get for your brake lights? Was it this one: 1157 2057 2357 7538 LED Brake Tail Stop Parking Light Bulb | Brilliant Red

I had a similar issue. Mine was reversed though. Brake light worked, but bulb out when I flipped on the headlights. I wondered if it was a pin on the actual plug, but then tried it on my other 500e and same issue. I've yet to find a brake light bulb that completely works...

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had a similar issue. Mine was reversed though. Brake light worked, but bulb out when I flipped on the headlights. I wondered if it was a pin on the actual plug, but then tried it on my other 500e and same issue. I've yet to find a brake light bulb that completely works...
Which bulbs did you use?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just spoke with Lasfit and they said a CANBUS error-free brake light LED is actually in the works and will hopefully be available late-August. That one should work for the Fiat 500e brake lights. I'm gonna get a replacement incandescent brake light bulbs in the meantime and order that one when it's available.

·
Registered
7 Posts

I haven't tested it yet (just ordered it last night) but I had to make sure it was a dual-contact / dual-filament type LED so it can be ON when the car's lights are on then BRIGHTER when you press the brake pedal.

see the circled areas on the pic

·
Registered
42 Posts
I haven't tested it yet (just ordered it last night) but I had to make sure it was a dual-contact / dual-filament type LED so it can be ON when the car's lights are on then BRIGHTER when you press the brake pedal.

see the circled areas on the pic

View attachment 109265
Tried about 5 different types and none of them have worked. Give it a go and let us know what happens with yours.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I think the "holy grail" here figuring out DRLs that work (without headlights being ON) that don't trigger errors.

:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Almost a year later from this original post, is there any solution -plug and play- for the LED DRL? 😬

·
Registered
7 Posts
I did what most people, who really want white LED DRLs, did - turned the DRL function to OFF in the car's configuration - meaning they only turn on with the headlights. It does defeat the purpose of DRLs but it's the only way to keep them on without triggering an error apparently.

I used some KATUR 7443 LEDs

·
Registered
2 Posts
I did what most people, who really want white LED DRLs, did - turned the DRL function to OFF in the car's configuration - meaning they only turn on with the headlights. It does defeat the purpose of DRLs but it's the only way to keep them on without triggering an error apparently.

I used some KATUR 7443 LEDs

View attachment 109314
wow! it's 2020 and a seven years old car defeat us/me. hehe. With these LEDs did you need to use a load equalizer?

·
Registered
561 Posts
With these LEDs did you need to use a load equalizer?
If you use a load resistor that matches the original bulb, you can use any LED. However, it defeats the purpose of using LEDs because the resistor will get as hot and use as much power as a standard bulb.

·
Registered
7 Posts
wow! it's 2020 and a seven years old car defeat us/me. hehe. With these LEDs did you need to use a load equalizer?
I just looked for the LEDs with the built-in CANBUS chip which are supposed to talk to our car and tell them the bulb isn't out. That functionality worked in my car but the LEDs themselves still flickered rapidly.

41 - 60 of 62 Posts