Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
I am from Calgary!! Had my 500 Sport in Azzuro for about a month now, just over 1,000kms on it and H&R springs went in a couple days ago. Hoping for some custom/different wheels for next spring and we will see what else I can get in there.

Do you like that intake John?

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For mods currently I'm running Eibach pro kit with a road race intake and a magnaflow cat back. Intake is great, sounds really throaty and adds a noticeable amount of power. Definitely worth the money!

·
Registered
228 Posts
For mods currently I'm running Eibach pro kit with a road race intake and a magnaflow cat back. Intake is great, sounds really throaty and adds a noticeable amount of power. Definitely worth the money!
I have the same setup minus the springs. The intake was done first then the muffler a month ago ... love both and the difference is great.Waiting to hear details on the RRM chip mod.Love my car, the first one I have really had serious fun driving.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah Id never have guessed a 101 hp car would be so much fun to drive. Definetley more fun since ive done those mods. Road races ecu mod will be available shortly and looks like they are getting between 6-8 hp to the wheel

·
Registered
166 Posts
Well I think when you have a 200, 300, 400hp car how much of it can you really use in regular driving 30%, maybe more maybe less, however with 100hp you can be using a lot more all the time which is just a lot more exciting. My Dad has an R8 and I drive it a fair bit but if I hit redline in second gear I am already pushing my luck in the legal department let alone getting up there, but it do love it ;) Were the Fiat you can give it a lot more and not be risking prison or a big ticket at least, plus small unassuming cars do not garner as much attention from the police in my experience as well.

Anyway I am really thinking about one of those RRM intakes before I drop the big money on wheels, what about mats for winter anyone picked up the OEM rubber ones? Do the dealers carry them I have only seen them on 500 Madness so far.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I think when you have a 200, 300, 400hp car how much of it can you really use in regular driving 30%, maybe more maybe less, however with 100hp you can be using a lot more all the time which is just a lot more exciting. My Dad has an R8 and I drive it a fair bit but if I hit redline in second gear I am already pushing my luck in the legal department let alone getting up there, but it do love it ;) Were the Fiat you can give it a lot more and not be risking prison or a big ticket at least, plus small unassuming cars do not garner as much attention from the police in my experience as well.

Anyway I am really thinking about one of those RRM intakes before I drop the big money on wheels, what about mats for winter anyone picked up the OEM rubber ones? Do the dealers carry them I have only seen them on 500 Madness so far.

Agreed. My previous cars were a 238 hp Mazda rx8 and a 200 hp vw gti. As the old saying goes, it's more fun to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow.

I am also looking at rubber mats, apparently the dealers now have them in stock

·
Registered
27 Posts
Port Coquitlam here, have a black Sport, Abarth brake and clutch pedals, SS door sills, reat hatch bumber cover, Air Horn, RR intake, RR exhaust,H&R springs, Strut brace. Waiting for RR ICU improver... Love the car,

·
Registered
99 Posts
Kerry in Vancouver; Rame Sport; so far no mods but thinking ECU; at 4000km including trips up every ski hill in the vicinity and nice rip up to Whistler. No problems so far, very happy with car

·
Registered
794 Posts
Damon, in Vancouver. I don't have a 500 yet; let's say the negotiations are underway at home. I'm suggesting it as the ideal birthday present (and god knows I deserve one).

But here's a twist. We have a house in Italy, and my sister lives in Rome, and she and I are now planning to get a 500 there. I might own half a 500 in Italy before I get a whole one here.

Still thinking red, of course....

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Port Coquitlam here, have a black Sport, Abarth brake and clutch pedals, SS door sills, reat hatch bumber cover, Air Horn, RR intake, RR exhaust,H&R springs, Strut brace. Waiting for RR ICU improver... Love the car,
awesome! you should post pics. Where did you get the abarth brake setup from? Im probably going to do brakes in the spring when i do the wheels since the 500s brakes look wimpy!

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Silver pop in Edmonton here. Splashed out on winter floor mats from dealer. Expensive but seem good quality and look nice, what with 500 logo and all.
Im in Edmonton as well! Ive got a set of neoprene seat covers coming for my sport because the stock seats stain so easily and with winter coming I want to protect them. Also ordered a set of winter mats and derrick dodge gave me a killer deal on a set of winter tires, $575 installed!

·
Registered
27 Posts
awesome! you should post pics. Where did you get the abarth brake setup from? Im probably going to do brakes in the spring when i do the wheels since the 500s brakes look wimpy!
The abarth brake and clutch pedals are SS and I got them on line (ebay) from England, sorry can't remember how much but not bad really, no drilling of the pedals either. Tarts up the interior. I can't wait for the RR ECU thingy.......

·
Registered
794 Posts
To all on the forum, but esp my west coast friends: I just signed up for a red sport. It's in stock, so I'll pick it up sometime next week when my schedule allows. Bose the only option, though I could easily live without it. I really wanted a spare tire, but they are in very short supply.

Contrary to some posts, I'm expecting a simple, normal ownership experience without any strange problems. Silly grins and relentless car-talk aside, of course.

I did get a very good deal at the Fiat Studio on Main St, so I'm pretty pleased. Nice shop, nice sales experience, and a good vibe from the service manager.

Also, going to Italy in March, and will likely get another 500 there (shared with my sister who lives in Rome.) Though the new Panda is a very smart package.

Cheers Friends.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Red 500 Sport is in the house. Just as beautiful as I hoped. And for those that might care, here is one other note: this car smells exactly like the 500's in Italy. That is the magic I was after... Plus, it is really beautiful. Even a friend who just bought a 911 turbo thinks the 500 is a gem. So, it shows well in very expensive company.

1 - 20 of 106 Posts