Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, any input on how to level the rear end with the front?
I dont want to lower the front end, just level the rear? I had an '07 Mustang GT and Roush sold rear springs with this same porpuse. I don't want the 500 to look like an arched cat. And yes this is for the wife's 500c since I'm reverting my 500 to stock mode for trade in. Incase some of you are confused with my post. Anyways, any inputs?
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
On one of my previous cars I had the entire interior gutted and that caused the rear to raise up quite a bit because of the 150 lbs that got taken out of the car mostly from the rear. Anyways I installed a set of rear h&r springs and that balanced it out. The only downside is the spring rate doesn't match up to the fronts perfectly but for a city car I don't think it would be all that noticeable. I couldnt really tell unless I was driving it hard

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmm. I wonder if someone will make a rear set of springs to match the front, but lower. I was thinking if the rear stiffens up a little, it would act like somewhat of a swaybar and would actually help with understeer. I wouldn't want the car to ride like
Jar-Jar Binks from Star Wars. LOL

·
Registered
433 Posts
sometimes matched spring/strut sets (cup kits as they were called in the euro tuning scene) give you the option of multiple perch settings to dial in your ride height. the stock 500 suspension does not give you any such options. maybe you want to put some bowling balls in the hatch ? =P

1 - 4 of 4 Posts