Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

One of my license plate lights stopped working on my 2012 Sport, so I went over to AliExpress and ordered a new set. The description says it was for 2007, 2008, 2009...all the way up to 2018. I didn't notice how mine were mounted on the car but based on the description on Ali, I ordered them.

Come to find out when trying to mount them, that they are larger than the ones on the car.
See attached pic. Just for reference, that is me holding up the light right next to the other one, not closer to the camera, they are the same depth.

Was there a non-led license plate light vs. led on some models or something?
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Grille Hood

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
The 2012 lights are different than the later models. For 2012, you have to replace the entire liftgate handle.

Maybe somebody knows if you can replace it with a 2013+ handle.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Isn't the one pictured the revised handle from later 2012 and newer though?

Reactions: Vegas Mike

·
Registered
13,985 Posts
Here’s your issue…. Under warranty, my 2012 license plate hood had to be replaced by the newer one illustrated below.
The LED lamps weren’t replaceable.

Automotive parking light White Automotive lighting Hood Grille

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here’s your issue…. Under warranty, my 2012 license plate hood had to be replaced by the newer one illustrated below.
The LED lamps weren’t replaceable.

View attachment 112573
Ok but I have the revised part, so I can replace the light, right?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok thanks, I'll try that but maybe I'll indirect the wiring harness first to make sure inside of the insulation isn't spliced. Outside, the insulation looks fine.

If that checks out, I'll buy a replacement led.

Thanks Smark, and everyone

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you. I will have to try and see if I can find the equivalent on Amazon Canada. So I guess I have to search for
2013+ license plate lights instead, which will go with my latch panel since I have the upgraded one.

Thanks again, I'll try that after I inspect the harness.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts