Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my car today :D, and the only disappointment was that, although I could play songs from my iPhone 4 plugged into the USB port, I could not control the thing at all with the steering wheel controls or voice control (volume, previous and next excepted).

It says in the DVD manual that a "Line accessory FIAT Mediaplayer" is required. I think this is it:

http://www.fiat-accessories.com/Fiat-Blue-and-Me-Adaptor

I can have it shipped from the UK, but before I do that, has anyone used this thing and does it work in this region? Is there a Canadian source for it?

Thanks!

·
Registered
13,464 Posts
Let us know how it works. Old iphone 3g wasn't compatible with the car. Just got a new 4Gs. Haven't tried it yet, plug into the USB.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK update time. Looks like I was incorrect...the iPhone integration is now working essentially as advertised in the manual, without the extra dongle.

I think that indexing my iPhone took quite a while, and also the iPhone and the car have trouble agreeing about shuffle status. But mostly I have it figured out. I wish that you could do more with voice commands (such as calling out artists or tracks to play)...Blue&Me is definitely SYNC Lite...perhaps they will allow updates going forward.

Bluetooth phone integration has been perfect right from the start, however.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts