Fiat 500 Forum banner

List of mods

4K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  SeaDawg 
#1 ·
I'm relatively broke since I bought my wheels but I keep adding to the mod list. Well, let's see, this is what I want (list subject to expand).

- Powder coat rims ($400)
- Drop it (around $200)
- CAI (maybe $300?)
- Double exhaust (I really don't want to know yet)

So far this is what have done (nothing much, like I said I'm broke):

- Bought rims and tires ($1200)
- Plasti dipped chrome black ($6)
- Tinted windows 20% all around ($50)

Man, I need to get another job.

#2 ·
OK, first of all the drop it category up list at $200 good luck with that. 230 for the springs, minimum 200 for install and about. 60 for alignment. And you paid $50 to tint the whole car? I paid 120 and thought I gotta deal.
Nice list though, got pix?

Sent from my Thunderbolt.

#3 ·
I found the Eibach springs for like $206 and the HR for $189. :D And I'm not worried about install, we can do that at my house. :D I would just need to get the tired re balanced but Discount Tire can do that.

About the tint, haha, yes, it was actually quite fantastic. I was driving around on a Sunday (when most places are closed) and I saw this shop open. I drove into the parking lot and the owner (who guess what, was Italian!), fell in love with my car. He told me that they would do my car for just $50. :D Plus I smiled a lot so I guess I hit a soft spot. When I drove up, he would not stop showing all of his buddies my car and would not stop talking about it.

#4 ·
I found the Eibach springs for like $206 and the HR for $189. :D And I'm not worried about install, we can do that at my house.
I bought the HR for said price. Although I am very mechanically inclined and have lowered my Audi and Volvo in my garage, I gave the install to my dealer just so I know that everything was done correctly. Price with alignment was $550 with tax.

#9 ·
I'll post some pictures of the car when I get a chance. But the parts that I used plasti dip on are the chrome pieces like the door handles, the back hatch, the mustache on the grill and the Fiat logos. I don't like chrome and I have not been able to find any after market replacement pieces.

So here are some pics of the plasti dip: (I had posted these in a previous thread so they are old but just so you get the idea) :D

#6 ·
cut springs (free) mad wicked tight stance yo
DIY towel rack ($4) everyone sweats my ride
home depot chicken wire grill ($7) for more air flowz
blacked out headlights with VHT Nightshades ($10/can) cuz u can't see me

work in progress: extended spoiler / stadium seating

#7 ·
cut springs (free) mad wicked tight stance yo
DIY towel rack ($4) everyone sweats my ride
home depot chicken wire grill ($7) for more air flowz
blacked out headlights with VHT Nightshades ($10/can) cuz u can't see me

work in progress: extended spoiler / stadium seating

:confused: Definitely merits pics sometime. :)

#12 ·
It's really easy ...

1. Go to your local hardware store and get the black spray can of plasti dip (we went to Home Depot)
2. It is totally up to you if you want to use masking tape
3. But if you do, then tape off the surrounding areas
4. Give a light spray initially and wait about 30 minutes between coats
5. Let it sit for a while
6. Remove tape gently and rub off any over spray with a wet towelie

The great part about this is that the can costs about $6, it is durable, chip resistant and if you do not like it, you can just peel off by finding an edge.

http://youtu.be/0WS14Jnyf5Q

http://youtu.be/HLsu6TQPvq4

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.