Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been in contact with a nearby dealer and they had a buyer back out of his Prima so I went ahead and scooped it up! Now I just need the time to drive up and get the keys! Really excited and I have a lot of plans for the car! :D

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
I've been in contact with a nearby dealer and they had a buyer back out of his Prima so I went ahead and scooped it up! Now I just need the time to drive up and get the keys! Really excited and I have a lot of plans for the car! :D
Nice! Color? With or without the sunroof?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Picked up the Prima saturday morning in Austin, Texas and drove it to Houston.

City driving is great, the car is quick and nimble but needs some more power that is for sure. In some of my other cars where a three or four point turn is required the FIAT will do in one movement! The interior is really pleasing and really just a few bits in and out that seem off but no big deal.

From what I've read I have the same issue with highway driving, especially with the high winds encountered on the way back. I think I got used to it though and really enjoyed the final leg of my journey to Houston where I got 38.3mpg at best!

Biggest response in public is definitely from Mini owners! They seem to be the most curious and always anxious with questions.

Overall a fantastic little car and I can't wait to start making even more fun to drive!

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
To Dave and everybody else. Try Sport mode. The thing changes from a bit twitchy to perfect. Increesed effort in steering and quicker throttle responce. Mileage on highway is the same.:)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I used Sport mode a lot, I wouldn't call it perfect. Better, but not perfect. Made another semi long drive today and must say I am really enjoying this car a lot! Super fun and lots of thumbs up!

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
I used Sport mode a lot, I wouldn't call it perfect. Better, but not perfect. Made another semi long drive today and must say I am really enjoying this car a lot! Super fun and lots of thumbs up!

OK i'll give you not perfect but better in Sport Mode. I have to agree that the more I drive it the better I like it.

Talk about thumbs up........I was taking pictures of the car today to share with friends and this guy comes up on a bike and you would have thought he had just spotted the latest Ferrari........:D

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Exactly right, the way some people are craning their necks on the freeway is priceless!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts